StromTrooper banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all-
This has more than certainly been addressed- please humor me.
I am looking for a strom and am weighing several options, one of which is an 08 wee with 22000 miles. I'll be commuting (90miles round tripl) on the bike and taking the?occasional weekend trip. Should I be looking for low mileage example only?
Thanks for the advice in advance-

· FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,702 Posts
What you would best do is look for a good service history. 22,000 miles is nothing on a properly cared for bike. Mine reached its best feel at about 50,000 miles. A properly cared for Wee will do well over 100,000 miles with regularly scheduled maintenance. I would want to know how the bike did on its 14,500 mile initial valve clearance check and whether its oil and filters were changed on time.

· Registered
117 Posts
I bought my 08 with just under 14K miles on it, for $3800. It was completely stock.

· Registered
6,839 Posts
If oil was changed then motor is fine. Yes by now valves should have been checked

If not commuted the shock is probably tired now and forks need juice at least.

Chain is probably on the cusp either been changed or will need it soon

G

·
Me too I did not check mine until about 24k (thanks donstrom6) any way 23k is good to go like the rest of them said, if the oil has been changed and taken care of. If the front sproket and chain has not been replaced wager that in on the deal new chain $165 (dang these went way up in a year I found mine for about 110 I think) tool is about 125 and sproket is about 30 bucks so you looking at about what 3 bills if you do it so look for about 5 to 7 hundered off if these things arent done or get them to do it for you.

RR

· Registered
28 Posts
I just got a 07 with 22K miles not too long ago. I was able to call the shop that serviced it and everything was done on schedule. It runs and rides excellently and I have no issues with it at all. A good seller will either have all the documentation or can tell you where they serviced it. If you can't get this information I would either have a shop check it out before purchase or find another one that has maintenance history.

· Registered
117 Posts
Bought the bike and put 350 miles on it bringing it home. I'll put 491 (or so) on it today finishing the trip.
This thing is flawless-
although...a new wind screen is near in my future...
You might want to try a Madstad bracket with the stock screen. It worked well for me and saved me some money.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just finished the trip home- 510 miles today. 850 miles total for the weekend.

Love it!:hurray:

The list:
Madstad
Laminar lip (?)
Crash bars
Luggage (set up for Givi top box)

Suggestions for addition and priority are welcome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.