StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am finally, FINALLY, getting ready to pick up my first Wee if it passes "inspection". While 3 years of lurking silently in the background here has me realizing how little I do know, I can only imagine how much I don't know.

I've located an '08 Wee with under 6K mi. on it.:thumbup:

This is will be my 2nd street legal bike, so I know the generic basics to check on the motor and chassis. But I don't know of any Wee specific warning flags to look for, if there are any :confused:

·
Registered
113 Posts
If there's no gas in it, you might want to put some gas in there. Pushing the wee isn't too fun. Otherwise, enjoy the ride :yesnod:

More serious response: If you're worried, see if you can get a shop to do a pre-purchase inspection (before you purchase it). You should probably have one done anyways if you're asking this question. No offense meant, but a PPI can catch many things that the average Joe like you and I would probably miss :thumbup:

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have an 08 650. Just turned 42,000 miles. Only problems: starter button had to be taken apart and cleaned once, no cost. Rear brake caliper seems to stick and it wore the pads down and killed the mpg, but I cleaned it up and fixed it. Cost, 1 set of pads and about 5mpg for 6 months. Great bike.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I don't know of any Wee specific warning flags to look for, if there are any :confused:
There is at least one: With this type of bike, you may find that a 4 mile trip to the grocery store is actually 80 miles. That can wreak havoc on a family life, not to mention the consistency of any ice cream you may have bought. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
No wee specific issues. The wee and vee are hammers in the moto world. With low mileage I would make sure it runs good since it has set around a lot.

And as always, any indications of crash damage.

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
if the bike still has the factory caution-warning stickers, its a pretty good sign that a rookie owns it. and probably hasn't had proper maintenance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input, all. Having the local shop give it a PPI sounds like the way I'm gonna go if the bike's still there.

I guess "I'll be there Friday" isn't a firm enough statement for some people.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not to me. If it's listed on craigslist, it's first come, first served.
True I'd agree with that; if it were the first blind message. Communication from the seller was slow and I was not dealing local. It is what it is, good luck to him on a sale. My search resumes!

·
Registered
43 Posts
However, if it's still there Friday, you'll know he's not had any luck with buyers, so you're in a better place to negotiate. :thumbup:

·
Registered
242 Posts
make a lower offer when you look at it, and walk away if it doesn't work. in my case the seller called 3 days later and I got a deal! the season's early, so don't panic...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts