StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Seems a little high for an '05 with no accessories. But maybe it's the CA vs. US dollar value that makes the diff.

However, it's a moot point. There's a 900cc Tenere coming out that going to kick the Vee's nutsack. Buy that.

·
Registered
386 Posts
When I bought the wife's V last year they were going for $5200-$5500 for a used one. Used CraigsList. I looked for '05 to '07, ended up getting an '07 with givi racks and 3 givi clone cases for $5200. Had, IIRC, about 15K miles on it, and bald tires.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Vstrom ????

Dave:
The 05` Strom has with the accessories you listed is a reasonable deal if the bike is in good condition. Tires, recent and verifiable service, chain and sprockets. Read on this forum about clutch chudder and test for it. IF the bike is nice, go for it. Good luck.....
Rich...former resident of Dawson Creek, BC

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I spoke with the owner last night, He has owned the bike for 4 years and only rode about 1000 miles, it was imported from New Hampshire by a local bike shop, It was also inspected last summer

I have been looking around for others to price match, unfortunately in my price range (6000 cdn) there are only a few in all eastern canada

I am going to look at it tomorow, as he is working today, Ill let you know how it goes

thanks
Dave

·
Registered
987 Posts
I think your market is different from the US market--it seems a bit high priced to me too, but I notice you can do a little haggling if you like the bike. It will be a bit loud with the pipes added to the bike--they are expensive by the way, so if you like the sound its a plus.
After the dealing is over you will probably forget what you paid for it. You will be too busy enjoying your new life with a nice motorcycle. Vees are paticularly comfortable and handle great!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi guys, this is my first post, but I have been lurking for a bit
I am going to take a look at a Vee tomorow, just wondering if the price seems fair, or if there is anything particular to the 05s to ask about,

Thanks
Dave

2005 DL 1000 V-STROM - Halifax Sport Touring Motorcycles For Sale - Kijiji Halifax Canada.
Couldn't tell you whether its high or low but can offer my recent buying experience. I purchased 08 Vee last summer w/ many farkles, excellent condition and 19K mileage for $6K. Farkles did not include the PC3. Owner was firm and my inquiries on this site claimed the deal seemed fair. There were very few available so I made the purchase and couldn't be happier w/ the bike. Did I want cheaper?...Yep. Am I sorry I bought it?...Nope. You'll love it when you land one. And the folks on this forum are an added bonus as they are very helpful and informative.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
If those are miles, not km's, then only based on what they can be had out in BC, it's quite high priced for an '05 IMO.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a quick update,

I actually slipped on some ice and broke my leg on monday morning:headbang:, So all bike plans are put on hold for 4 to 6 weeks, at least its winter

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Hate to make light of a bad situation, but everything happens for a reason. This mishap gives you 6 more weeks of tire kicking time (just use the other foot). More time to seek out a better deal. :thumbup:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So in a weird turn of events, i found out yesterday that my ankle isnt broken just a severe sprain, so they cut the cast offand I can go back to work monday.

I went a looked the the Vee today, and pulled the trigger, got it for a bit lower than asking price, which I felt was a fair price. Now I just need to wait for spring. :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts