StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my son a DL650 for his first street bike Saturday, I rode it home 132 miles, man did I like it. Now looking at a DL 1000 for myself, a 2008 listed with 30k on Craig list for $5500. I have 2 Harleys and now the wee in the garage with table lift mowers etc, it will be crowded but think it is worth it til i buy a 4 car garage with a house attached to it. I liked the wee but want a little more power and don't need the abs for myself (main reason went with te wee for son).

·
Registered
816 Posts
Resistance is futile.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
At the risk of providing a well-reasoned logical excuse to get the DL-1000, it would be a great way for your son to experience more power on a familiar platform, at your discretion.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
After the hardlys, the wee should be scarey fast. :green_lol:

:biggrinjester:
Hey! Watch the HD bashing. I've ridden Harelys with only a 838cc advantage that were almost as fast as my DL650.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Harleys can get up and go for what they are, the 650 wont out run me according to the speeds posted here, they are not stock though. I love all bikes so bash away hehehe, am a dirt rider originally though, always love the dirt, got rid of my klr in 08 still miss it.

After the hardlys, the wee should be scarey fast. :green_lol:

:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Just bought my son a DL650 for his first street bike Saturday, I rode it home 132 miles, man did I like it. Now looking at a DL 1000 for myself, a 2008 listed with 30k on Craig list for $5500. I have 2 Harleys and now the wee in the garage with table lift mowers etc, it will be crowded but think it is worth it til i buy a 4 car garage with a house attached to it. I liked the wee but want a little more power and don't need the abs for myself (main reason went with te wee for son).
fly and ride mine back to FL. i only have 20,000 miles it and it's well farkled.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Just rode out and back on my Dyna, great ride, no vacation time left, have vac time but no time to take it unfortunately. Where is the bike listed.
not listed anywhere. it's located in Riverside, CA. it's one of those things. if i hear someone looking, i'll throw it out there. if they want to buy it i'll sell it if we can agree on a price.

send the boy. i just changed the oil, plugs, and put a new front tire on it. the rear and chain has about 2,500 miles on it. he could make it all the way without having to do any on road maintenance.

·
Registered
224 Posts
send the boy. i just changed the oil, plugs, and put a new front tire on it. the rear and chain has about 2,500 miles on it. he could make it all the way without having to do any on road maintenance.
"send the boy."

I don't know why, but the way you said this in your post just made laugh out loud.

Maybe something about old westerns and modern motorcycles.

·
Registered
875 Posts
They're great bikes. Don't dismiss ABS. I don't know why you think you don't need it for yourself unless you've developed superhuman braking skills.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If the DL 1000 had the option for ABS I would get it for sure but it doesn't. Have it on my Ultra and I like it so I know what your saying.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
They're great bikes. Don't dismiss ABS. I don't know why you think you don't need it for yourself unless you've developed superhuman braking skills.
Because he wants the 1000.:fineprint:

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I'm alittle jaded right now so I will not comment on this subject !!!:headbang:

·
Registered
29 Posts
vstrom

I have a super clean 07 black and silver with 25 k purchased from one of my customers .All stock new front battle wing and front brakes rear tire 75% Remapped and serviced too.$4800.00 in St Charles co Mo Fly and buy i`m 20 min from Lambert Airport .Food for thought......Doug

1 - 16 of 16 Posts