StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know, I knocked my bike over off it's center stand. It took very little effort to push it off it's stand forward.

Well, I got to looking at it and noticed that the stand does not settle in as far as I think it should. Meaning it is closer to the apex than it should be making it wayyyy to easy to be pushed forward off the stand. BTW, this is the 4th bike I have owned with a centerstand so I know it normally takes a decent push to get it off the centerstand.

So I'm taking the dremel to it and grinding off a bit at the contact area where they meet so the stand will settle in a bit more. This was even more evident when I lowered the forks by 12mm.

·
Registered
888 Posts
That is exactly the problem with mine too! I was going to take it off but the dremel sounds way more sensible!
Today my bike bottomed, in a dip, going downhill and then over a one way bridge and then back up again. I have had it on there for 10,000km and did 2up touring without this happening. It was the centrestand mounting bracket that hit, we weren't even cornering! The ground clearance must be a major issue with these offroad.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I had the same issue. I ground off some off the "center bar" that the stand rests on. Made the feet sit much flatter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts