StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought home my new to me orange 09 weestrom, 6300kms. First time owning a V-twin, and I'm pleasantly surprised. Just took me 90 minutes to go get gas. Gas station is just over a kilometer away :) Is it obvious that I'm pretty excited and it's been a few years since I've owned a bike?
All my research including all that I've learned on this forum has led me to this motorcycle and I'm pretty sure I've made the right decision!
Looking forward to the farkling!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You've bought a great bike-too bad it is so late in the season! It will be a long winter waiting to get out riding again! Enjoy! Ride Safe!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Welcome Weestrum. Yes you made the right choice.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am sure you will find you made the right choice. I was also a long time with no bike ( marriage, kids, university and now med school , it continues ) but bought a 04 Marauder in 05 and many times gravel roads impeded a ride. So picked up a used KLR650 in 08 . Lots of ability but lacking comfort and horsepower. The wee is a perfect fit . Power and comfort all day on the highway and the ability to connect access roads to highways if thats your goal.
Enjoy the bike and ride safe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. Looking forward to a few more rides, not looking forward to a long wait til spring, guess I'll have to use the time to plan some trip routes. Also planning on taking a riding course in the spring. I've got tons of experience, but that was years ago...can't hurt to find out what I've forgotten. As my flight instructor used to say, "you don't know what you don't know!"

·
Registered
314 Posts
Welcome. I bought my Wee in December last year and it was painful looking at it all winter. This forum helps pass the time in the cold months and you can learn a ton during that time.

I highly recommend a training course. They are available through the colleges and are well worth the time an money invested.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Just brought home my new to me orange 09 weestrom, 6300kms. First time owning a V-twin, and I'm pleasantly surprised. Just took me 90 minutes to go get gas. Gas station is just over a kilometer away :) Is it obvious that I'm pretty excited and it's been a few years since I've owned a bike?
All my research including all that I've learned on this forum has led me to this motorcycle and I'm pretty sure I've made the right decision!
I too was away for a long time - really great to get back. Bought mine in the spring of 2010, and have enjoyed it immensely.

Do take a riding course in the spring. I took the experienced rider's course (my first riding course ever), even though most of my experience was 26 years old. It did help that I kept my hand in over those years by borrowing my son's bikes occasionally. Though really, that helped more to keep me sane than skillful.

Welcome aboard. Be safe and enjoy.

Marc

·
Registered
269 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You've bought a great bike-too bad it is so late in the season! It will be a long winter waiting to get out riding again! Enjoy! Ride Safe!
Might I suggest a Vegas vacation with your Wee this winter? You can ride the hell out of it down here between now an June... July-September Really suck though...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again for the welcome. Definitely going to do a course, probably a college one, they seem to get good reviews. Vegas sounds amazing right now...but reality says I'm going to have to wait for spring! Now I have one more reason to hate winter.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats on your new bike, hope you get some ride time before the uguly stuff comes.
Cheers
:thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have never heard the term Farkling what does it mean new to forum regards spurge

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
You can make some yourself.

The accessories I use most often are simple, and free.

I salvaged some nylon straps from a discarded knapsack or satchel, and cut
them to make four strips, two about 22 centimeters and two about 32 cm.

Then I burned 8-mm holes near each end of each strip (8 holes in all).

Then I took off the seat and the luggage rack, folded each strip in half to make short double-strips 11 & 16 cm. Then I put the bolts back through the rack and through the strips, short ones in front and long ones to the rear, then I bolted the rack back onto the bike, and put the seat back on.

The result is that I now have places to attach bungee cords when I want to carry gear ... and that means pretty much all of the time. I ride long distances, and generally want to have plenty of stuff with me.
You may see this effect first hand in 2012.

These little loops are far superior to the rack itself, for holding bungee cords, because the cords do not skid along the rack, do not slip off, and do not scratch anything.

Keith

·
Registered
712 Posts
The accessories I use most often are simple, and free.

Keith
That's not a true Farkle, Keith. It's a Falkner.

Farkle
à
la
Keith -
not
expensive,
really.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Waiting

I also just bought for the first time in many years and I take delivery in the next week or so. This winter has been so mild that one could ride as long as one had the right gear. Have you been out?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I took the course 2 years ago and then bought a 650. I dRove it every day got it with 15,000k and now have 40,000 I guess not many compared with some? This winter has not been bad and have had it out a few times. Find someone local who has one and see of you can try out a few seats? makes all the difference. I have a Sargeant and love it. I also bought an old Goldwing though just because? Happy riding.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts