StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is an extended shift lever for the V2? Searches were inconclusive. I would want the OEM style with linkage to the shift arm. With my new boots I have to tilt my foot farther than is comfortable. I know I can adjust the linkage, have done it many times, but if I move it up any more I'll have to lift my foot off the peg to downshift. I'm thinking about another 3/4" - 1" might help.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not sure, if any custom available but I am sure, you would have considered the drag in tight corners
Not lower, just more forward. Not that I'm going to dragging parts on the V2, but the Adventure Tech solution would actually help that - if you had your foot under the shifter in a turn, with the extension the angle of your foot would be less and your toe should be farther from the ground.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the support guys.
The retrofit is ordered. I'll try to remember to post some comments after installation.

Rick - I watched your install video and you stated something to the effect that you can't use the most rearward adjustment holes (least extension) on the V2. Do you remember what the reason is?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I found a dirt-bike gear lever with the same spline and attached it directly to the shaft, shifts are 100% tighter and there is more than enough room for my size 13's in full motocross boots. This was after the second clip ring failure that resulted in my riding with the linkage dragging on the ground.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I've got SW Motech lever adjustable in lenght, specific for our bike. It's also foldable in case of dropping the bike.
The photo taken from SW Motech, not from my bike:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I installed the Adventure Tech shifter relocation plate. There are two sets of holes for the pivot - in the rear holes (least extension) the peg hits the shifter when it pivots up, so I used the front holes. This is borderline too much extension for me, so I moved it to the rear mounting holes (about 3/8" difference) and filed a small amount of the peg that was rubbing on the shifter. For my needs, it would be better to have about 1/2" less extension, about an inch forward from oem, but would have to be a different design to move it back further. Still, this is much better than it was before, so I'm keeping it.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
They do have these for the 1000 too, and I might eventually try one. Just thought I would give the less expensive alternative a try first. Does anyone know what the adjustment length of the SW Motech lever is compared to stock?
I adjusted mine to same lenght as the stock one and it now has +/- 3cm of extra lenght to move forward.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I adjusted mine to same lenght as the stock one and it now has +/- 3cm of extra lenght to move forward.
With the Adventure Tech relocation, that would give a wide range of adjustment, as it is simple to move the pivot back to the stock location without messing with anything else. That's a lot for just a shift lever, but a pretty important part of riding, so I may just have to bite the bullet...

Thanks for that info.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not lower, just more forward. Not that I'm going to dragging parts on the V2, but the Adventure Tech solution would actually help that - if you had your foot under the shifter in a turn, with the extension the angle of your foot would be less and your toe should be farther from the ground.
Yea not so much! See pics of mine grinding the actual gear lever away.
A shame as I thought it would help, but I couldn't keep using it with this happening.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea not so much! See pics of mine grinding the actual gear lever away.
A shame as I thought it would help, but I couldn't keep using it with this happening.
Guess I don't need to worry about losing grip in tight lean angles! I don't think I've even come close to dragging any hard parts. I wonder if the longer "lean angle sensors" that attach to the footpegs would help? I see there's not even a short one in the pictured peg.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Guess I don't need to worry about losing grip in tight lean angles! I don't think I've even come close to dragging any hard parts. I wonder if the longer "lean angle sensors" that attach to the footpegs would help? I see there's not even a short one in the pictured peg.
Yea I took the hero pegs off before I rode it, I knew they wern't gunna last!

Rick's adventure tech kit would work fine for practically everyone & he said that he had never seen what I had done.

Nothing on his kit touched down, just that part of the lever. The kit works a treat & if I slowed down a bit....

nahhh :angel_00:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts