StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
I heard a rumor that the first day of spring was being moved to July 4th......just saying what I heard...............td :furious:

·
Super Moderator
4,589 Posts
I feel sorry for you blokes up there. Too bloody cold for this little black duck! :)

Just come back from a ride. I nearly didn't go as it had been forecast as hot. It's 5pm and still 28 deg C.

I don't normally ride on a Sunday - too many rubberneckers in cages but, by heck, there were a lot of bikes out and about.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It's finally warmed up here in WY! It has been too long and too cold! You guys out east got hammered with snow this year too!

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I jumped the gun and ordered bits for my bike in anticipation of spring....lol. Silly me!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Me too, Pete.
My Anakee 3 rear has over 12k miles on it and I'm heading to NC next month. I'm not down to the wear bars yet but I expect to put on a couple k on that trip, assuming its not still winter!! :furious:
So, after much deliberation (another A-3, PR-3, Trailmax) I decided on a Dunlop Trailmax. I have no complaints the A-3's long wearing. I never warmed up to the humming noise, though, and read that the Trailmax was quieter...We'll see.
Big B likes his :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
It's finally warmed up here in WY! It has been too long and too cold! You guys out east got hammered with snow this year too!
They did get hit with snow in the southeast, New England, not so bad, but daytime temps have been running 20 colder than normal all year, plenty of nights around 4 or 5F. That's not typical near Boston.

For the first 2.5 months of the year, I've paid $1650 for heating oil, half what I paid for all of last year.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
So, I really decided to push my luck with old man winter and got the bikes out on Saturday for a 2014 inaugural ride. Got a nice couple hour afternoon ride in after installing the winters farkles. Only to wake up Sunday morning to more snow. Snowed pretty hard off and on and ended up with another inch on the ground and a high of 37. Today it's going to be 70! Going to be an interesting spring!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
471 Posts
It's coming !! I got in a pretty good ride today, I haven't been up to the Bethel area yet but I will. Rt 2 and Grafton notch are a couple of my favorite rides.....I'm hoping to check out that campground on the way to the notch, soon.....td

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
We had a snow/flood day today!!! What's next???
The wind, you're forgetting the wind, pushed me off balnce in the supermarket parking lot yesterday. The ride from Bar Harbor to Boston was no bargain on Monday either, cage ride, and getting blown all over the road.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
With the last of the snow gone from my yard....I declare this winter officially over as of today, May 7th. :furious:

·
Registered
471 Posts

Yup, spring is here.....enjoy it, it won't last long...............td

1 - 15 of 15 Posts