StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Long Way Home 18-4-12 Vic.

A few of us intend to do an unusual loop on the Weds.
Class 4-5, for experienced road and unsealed road riders or those with a sense of adventure!! Dont intend on breaking (many) speed laws but because this involves 60kms plus of good condition unsealed twisties it may not be suitable to all.
Meet, Beechworth Bakery Healsville at 0900 for 0930 Depart.
Intended route, through Black Spur to Taggety up along the Eildon Road to Jamieson. Possible lunch stop there then its onwards to Kevington and onto the C511 Unsealed (sealed in parts) Woods point, Matlock ending up behind Marysville and home.
Hows that for the LONG WAY HOME?

Weather looks good so far.
I have done this road on my old Viffer and while it is quite do-able, it is a tricky and technical piece of dirt.

Riders with the right attitude and ability are most welcome.
Dont forget to bring a can of Mother for Johnno!

Will post up some pics from the Viffer adventure later to get the juices going!
Have got about 7 of us so far together so could be a great day
Questions?

Cheers all. Hope a few fellow Troopers can make it. This is my first posted ride here.
Attached Thumbnails

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi guys, did a similar round-trip last week - but reverse order to what you have planned. Look out for grader / water trucks on Woods Point road - turned road into very slippery soft wet clay.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that. Hadn't done the road since 2008 and only had a few 4x4 s to contend with.
There is about 11 of us now going so, safety in numbers I think!
Will post pics. Tomorrow is supposed to be a good day too.
Cam

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Cam, can I come and play with you guys today? Can't do the hole ride so I'll peel off at Taggarty.. See you at beechworth.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks guys for letting me tag along this morning. I continued on around the eildon loop and got home just in time for work. Hope everyone got home safe.:thumbup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Good to see at least 1 Strom come for the ride.
Enjoy your new bike Nutty and hope you'll be able to make a ride again soon.
Will post more stories and some pics when able.
To say the day was interesting is an understatement!
Ha ha!

Cam

Edit. Have had enough time to post up some tasty pics and a gmap of the day.
as far as stories go, those involved shall remain namless, only because i forget names!
1. on way to meet point my mate ran out of fuel! Though he was ON and not reserve! Lost 1 hour
2. Mate had an earbashing from irate home owner for daring to use a lamp post to hold up his dirt bike (on nature strip)
3. Mate on Benalli, alternator stuffed up. Back home for him
4. Fellow fined by police for wheel spining in a small green are in the town of Jamieson. Yep, silly brainfart on his behalf. Oh the fallicy of youth!
Then we started on the dirt! The ride proper hadnt even started yet!
5, Mate on Tiger has a slow off on a bend due to soft sand. Fair bit of damage and bent his sub frame!
6. Mate on old Beemer notices his top box 'missing' lucky for him the rear enders managed to pic it up. Okky strapped it back to his bike. How it stayed on I have no idea!

Trickiest part of the ride for me was the return through Reefton, Warburton, Gembrook to Pakenham with no daylight left and logging trucks!.

Fun fun fun.
Whos in for next year then?

Cam

http://g.co/maps/8vncn

Pics

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150823355489402.472687.522389401&type=3&l=39e76cbdac

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for having me along guys, it's always a little scarey riding with a new group. Sounds like it was an eventfull day, at least the weather was perfect. I'll be in for the next one, thanks for a nice morning. Lee:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts