StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw a clip that the above is on Expressvu-Nat'l Geograhic channel 524 ) tomorrow night (Oct 21st) at 10 p.m. EST.

Safe rides,

Bob

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
The DVD is available in the discount bins here now.
You get more footage no ads and you can fast forward through the 5 minutes of boring repetition at the beginning of each episode.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Discount bins already? - up here in great white north it's still about 35-45$ in various stores - if you can find it.
I unfortunately didn't see the Long Way Round when it was on so keeping my eyes peeled for that too.

World's Fastest Indian was on again this week - think its' one of the best movies I've ever seen - I find myself cheering everytime old "Bert" fires that thing up.

Safe rides,
Bob

·
Administrator
13,816 Posts
The DVD is available in the discount bins here now.
You get more footage no ads and you can fast forward through the 5 minutes of boring repetition at the beginning of each episode.
I watch almost nothing live these days.. a High Definition PVR sure makes TV watching much more enjoyable!

..Tom

·
Curmudgeon wanna-be
386 Posts
I saw "Long Way Down" in the theater last week on it's "One Day Only!" showing...

It looked like a good show, although when it's cut down to two hours I'm really sure that a lot of the interesting stuff wound up on the cutting room floor.

The full TV series will probably have a lot more content. (I already have the book!)

- BCB.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
It looked like a good show, although when it's cut down to two hours I'm really sure that a lot of the interesting stuff wound up on the cutting room floor.

The DVD is 6 one hour episodes so even allowing for 10 minutes of repetition and the beginning and previews at the end of each episode you still get around 5 hours of film for the price of a couple of movie tickets.

The full TV series will probably have a lot more content. (I already have the book!)
- BCB.
It's good to read the book and watch the series. The book has things which aren't on film but which add more background info to what you are seeing on the screen.

·
Curmudgeon wanna-be
386 Posts
The DVD is 6 one hour episodes so even allowing for 10 minutes of repetition and the beginning and previews at the end of each episode you still get around 5 hours of film for the price of a couple of movie tickets.
Any excuse not to go to the theatre!

It's good to read the book and watch the series. The book has things which aren't on film but which add more background info to what you are seeing on the screen.
Yeah, I bought the book from the Long Way Round, and was glad to have some of the bits in the show explained in more detail. Like the episode in Russia where the car passed and pointed a gun at them. (Not shown in the show, but mentioned just the same.)

I'm looking forward to it.

- BCB.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Thats odd you say the DVD was out in late 07. It is just being released for sale (Chapters.ca) on 8 November here.

I have read the book, and while I did enjoy it, it wasnt as good as Long Way Round (book and DVD series) IMO.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
With another Canadian winter on its way, I wouldnt need many reasons to move on down....

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts