StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
The bike is running fine but I spent the last 5 days riding from central NY to Boston, MA (500 miles) helping a film crew shoot a documentary segment...hauling a camera man on the Vee. Five days in some strong heat (85+ degrees) and filming a group of bicyclists make the trip. Lots of slow cruising in the 15-25mph range and puttering up some long hills in 1st as I tried to stay even w/ the cyclists. Never crossed 3 bars on the temp but wondering if I should take some precautions before the next run which is 21 days on the west coast later this year.

Also, could I be hurting the bike in any way?

Ended each day w/ a 2 hour exploration cruise alone to open 'er up as the crew did other things.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Director initially requested BMW but 2 days into trip mentioned he was really learning to love the Strom. One of the camara men was searching online to purchase one by the time the shoot wrapped up.

Thanks for your reply

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
...Lots of slow cruising in the 15-25mph range and puttering up some long hills in 1st as I tried to stay even w/ the cyclists. Never crossed 3 bars on the temp...could I be hurting the bike in any way?
Replace the cyclists with car and truck traffic and it sounds pretty much like my regular commuting environment in heavy D.C. traffic. Hasn't hurt my V-Strom in the 27K miles of abuse so far - like you're already doing, just take her out for a good healthy romp in the hay on a regular basis as her reward and she'll take great care of ya.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that's comforting to know as a HD rider I met with was concerned about the clutch over-heating but I wasn't experiencing any issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts