StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An ECU they'd be willing to lend me for five minutes to see if mine's bad? My 04 'Wee is dead after a battery change. You can see the thread else where, but after changing a battery I now have nothing when I thumb the starter, a CHEC, the engine temp bars at their highest, oil light on, and fuel reading zero with the warning light on. Lights, clock, turn signal, neutral indicator work. All fuzes intact. There's been a suggestion of an ECU failure, so swapping one to see if the bike works with it and so fault isolating seems to be the next step. I'm in Santa Barbara.

Free beer!

Thanks!

Todd

·
Registered
14,233 Posts
Only problem with the swap-o could be frying the replacement ECU due to the cause of the original failure. That's why dealers make you buy them before trying. I know from years of experience that what you are trying does work...good luck though.
Not to be stupid, bit mine did that when I first got it. I had inadvertently activated the engine kill switch. Took me a while to figure that one out. Doh!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem fixed and not the ECU, but a DEU problem instead. Tip: when installing a Motobatt, use the screws provided by Motobatt to attach cables to posts. OEM screws are too long, may contact terminals, and cause blown fuzes and symptoms that will make you swear there's black magic afoot.

We now return to riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts