StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else planing to go? i'll be there at opening to test ride, sit on and look at a bunch of bikes. I hoping there won't be to many 9 year olds using the bikes as jungle gyms. I was just at the LA Auto show and had to wait 15 minutes to sit on the two BMW bikes because kids love the motorcycles (I can't blame them I sat on them and also started making vroom-vroom sounds).

The Demo list looks to be Buell, Harley-Davidson, Kawasaki, Piaggio Scooter, Moto Guzzi, Star Motorcycles and Yamaha.
I'm hoping to ride in order of wanting:
1. Buell xb9sx
2. Yamaha VMax
3. Moto Guzzi griso 1100
4. Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Free bike parking also so I'll be looking for other vstrom.

http://motorcycleshows.com/motorcycleshows/static/staticHtml.jsp?id=358892

·
Registered
57 Posts
I plan on going on Saturday with my Wee... Of course I would love to take the test rides, but I'm not going to waste my time lining up for hours. I'd rather tour the grounds.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'll be there when they open on Saturday. By the middle of the day, there are tons of bikes in the free parking area - make a good mental note of where you park - it isn't easy to find one bike in a thousand.

When I was leaving last year, I got in the middle of a Buell test ride group (or some sort of gang?). When those things were stopped at a traffic light, you could see them shaking and vibrating - everything was waving around big time. It looked to be rather unpleasant to say the least. It almost looked like a joke.

The stunt show is pretty impressive - and lots of every kind of bike to see.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi Chuck,

I'm going to be there on Saturday morning with my Brother and some friends. Give me a call if you want to hook up at the show for a bit. 949-933-1146

Darin

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
May I suggest that if you plan on doing demo rides to go IMMEDIATELY to the sign-up area once you are inside the gate to insure you get the bike and time slot you want. Also, make sure you have your gear & DL (the one that you carry in your wallet not the one you ride!).

Stromette

·
Registered
175 Posts
it doesn't hit my world until Feb so if you see the new Connie 14, the new KLR or, the new 800 twin BMW's let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts