Strom Trooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searching for someone to ride the motorway with so I am not solo on this. I will be in northern MT before Sunday and MOnday of that weekend and would meet someplace near Missoula, Lolo, or the eastern end of the motorway at RT. 12.
I would like to be back to Seattle area MOnday evening of course pending traffic. I would camp or hotel it SUnday night, but don't think there are many hotels out there in the bush.

Let me know what you think.

Jeff

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hey Jeff,

you might consider looping and taking in the Mcgruder corridor road also. LoLo is at best a long day ride. There are some pretty good campsites just up on top of the ridge from the east side. Also a decent campground along LoLo creek on the west end. Be sure and pack your own water if you choose to camp on top of either trail. It's all GREAT STUFF! Sorry I can't join you on this one!

macgruder info: Nez2520Perce2520National2520Forest2520-2520Magruder2520Road2520Corridor

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what i am reading on ADV about the guys trips for Montana 1000, the Magruder is down with fires. They will have to run alternate routes.

Well, I will be coming from Kalispell on Sunday morning, then starting the MOtorway. I don't want to get in over my head and push too hard to have issues. I guess most of this section is pretty easy, for Subarus and suvs'?

Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts