StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hair-raising tales and unique yarns by Lois Pryce, an adventurer who quit her job with the BBC to ride a Yamaha XT225 Serow motorcycle 20,000 miles from Alaska to the tip of South America.

Come meet Lois and hear about her most recent journey: riding the length of Africa -- 10,000 miles -- on her Yamaha TTR250 motorbike. Informal, entertaining and honest, Lois will talk, share photographs, and have her new book for sale, Red Tape and White Knuckles (not yet available in the U.S.).

Date: Saturday, May 9, 2009
Time: Lois's talk at 3:00 PM sharp
Open house, book signing, book sales, smiling, talking, general good times and socializing from 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM​
Place:
Adventure HQ Community House
3250 N Nevada Avenue Suite 102B
Colorado Springs, CO 80907-5327
Map to Adventure HQ
Event Fee: No charge to attend -- All Are Welcome!

BYOC: Please bring your own chair!

Lois will have books available at the event for purchase and signing (cash only). All proceeds go to Lois.

More info HERE

Adventure HQ Community House is a labor of love, housed in a funky shop space that serves as gathering place for riders, fostering community among dual-sport motorcyclists in Colorado. Ultimately it will serve as a meeting spot for rides, DIY bike wrenching, tech days, adventure planning, and a place to hold talks, demonstrations, and workshops. We also provide a place for out-of-town adventurers to plan trips and leave cars and trailers so that they can tour Colorado on motorcycle.

Hope to see you there!​

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Lois on the loose

After reading a review of her book 'Lois on the loose'. I found it at our local
library. I read it and my wife did as well and we both enjoyed it. She would be a lot of fun to talk to. Both her and her hubby are quite the adventurers.

Short Lois video here

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Want to ride with Lois?

Hello all:
Just wanted to give a shout out about Lois's visit, which is shaping up to be a fun event!
A couple of the local moto shops are planning to donate some schwag, so we'll have a few door prizes to give away -- t-shirts, DVDs, stuff like that.

If there's enough interest on Sunday, May 10, we're considering scheduling a "Mother's Day Ride with Lois." It would be a leisurely-paced, easy dual sport ride (graded gravel, mild double track, some pavement) with a few stops for photos and sightseeing.

I'm busy on that Sunday and so is my partner in Adventure HQ -- neither of us would be able to organize and lead the ride -- so, we're looking for a volunteer from the community who would be willing to do that. Of course, it's all dependent on whether there's enough interest for a ride on Mother's Day (I'm concerned that the holiday might be a conflict).

If the ride happens, we'll also need to cobble together enough gear for Lois and arrange for her to borrow a street-legal dual-sport moto to ride for the day.

If anybody's interested, please post up!

Hope to see everybody who can make it on May 9 from 2:00 to 5:00. Should be a fun time!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mother's Day Ride with Lois

Looks like we have a ride leader for Sunday, May 10!

The proposed route:
Colorado Springs -> Victor, CO via Gold Camp/Old Stage Road (graded gravel)
Victor -> Cripple Creek (fun, twisty pavement)
Cripple Creek -> Canon City on Shelf Road (graded gravel)
Canon City -> Victor via Phantom Canyon (graded gravel)
Victor -> Divide -> Woodland Park (paved, kinda twisty)
Woodland Park -> Colorado Springs (Hwy 24, paved, four lane)
Map of the Route
Details:
Day: Sunday, May 10, 2009
Time: 9:00 AM -- Kickstands up at 9:15 AM
Meet up: The corner of North Nevada Avenue and Commerce St.
Map to Meet-up Spot
This will be a leisurely-paced ride, suitable for noobs, sight seers, and two-up. Plan to stop several times for photos.
Riders should bring water and snacks. Gas is available in Cripple Creek and Canon City. Bikes should have a range of at least 90 miles on a tank of gas and should be equipped to ride on gravel. Possible lunch stop in Canon City.

The BMW Motorrad shop in Colorado Springs has very generously agreed to loan Lois a demo motorcycle to ride -- THANKS! However, she is traveling without her moto gear (her suitcases are full of books instead!).
So, if you have a Small or Medium helmet she could use for the day, it would be much appreciated. Please PM or post up if you have a loaner lid.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We've lined up a helmet for Lois; many thanks.

Sunday Mother's Day ride is a GO.
Details Here

1 - 5 of 5 Posts