Strom Trooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to login from another computer (Win 10).

Forgot my password so tried to reset with the email link but it said I didn't use the human verification.

There isn't a human verification on that page that I could find or link to it.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got logged out again on my Win 10 PC. Used my 5 attempts to login, tried to reset, same problem. Asks for human verification, isn't any.

Would a mod email me a reset link again please?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Email sent. I have reset his password (I hope).
Thanx Brockie!

The PC I have problems with the login is running Win 10 with Edge browser. I logs me out occasionally and then I can't reset the password. Have to use my phone.

·
Super Moderator
4,923 Posts
Did you get my email. Did the new password work?
If so, change it when you are comfortable that all is good. :grin2:

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad to hear. Let us know if you need anything else.

- JB

Got logged out on my Win 10 machine.

I can't reset it from that PC, same problem wants human verification. There isn't any.

This needs to get fixed, it's annoying!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have changed Spec's password and sent him a new one by email. Just like we did last time.

I got back in using my phone to reset.

The problem is you can't reset the password in Win 10. It errors out saying that you didn't complete the human verification.

There isn't a human verification on the reset page.

That needs to be fixed if you want Win 10 users to be able to use this site.

That's all I saying, several times now! :grin2:

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Just to add a little fuel to the fire. I periodically (seems to be random) have to log back in. When I do, it takes more than one attempt (usually) to complete. Get the message "you have entered a wrong username...............". I know I haven't since I know that this is the error that will come up so I am meticulous about entering it in. Usually takes 2 to 3 attempts to get logged back in. First world problem but that does not make it any less frustrating.
Windows 7, Chrome, adblocker plus

Also happens on my Windows 10 machine.

Asking if it occurs on other machines/browsers, etc is not going to accomplish much since logging back in seems to be a random event as well.

·
Super Moderator
4,923 Posts
I have exactly that issue when logging my PC with Win10 and Firefox into my LastPass password manager.

If I fudge the password on my first attempt it is rejected, and then every subsequent attempt as well no matter how carefully I put it in. The only cure is to close and restart Firefox.

The issue must be part of the interaction between my PC and theirs, perhaps aligned to today's anti-hacking necessities.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts