Strom Trooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
i did not know where else to ask: what controls the time i remain logged in? it's not always the same...
What can I say Steve, pay your money & take your chances :grin2:

I find I can stay logged on longer now, for whatever reason. Which for me is good as I can type in 3 -4 paragraphs.

Have a good one.

Brian

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Actually logging in using your screen name and password plus checking the box to stay logged in at the time are the big factors. I don't leave the site running whenever I'm not using it so have never been logged out since the site abandoned the logon timer.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually logging in using your screen name and password plus checking the box to stay logged in at the time are the big factors. I don't leave the site running whenever I'm not using it so have never been logged out since the site abandoned the logon timer.
i always check "remember me". i never logout myself. longest log-in time has been maybe three days. shortest is fewer than 24 hours. i dunno.

i'm using the long non-rememberal (?) password assigned to me post hack, so i dislike logging in at all...LOLOL.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Change your password so you remember it and close the site when you aren't using it rather than logging out. When you open the site again, you'll be logged on automatically.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I've never logged off since I joined and have never had to log on again yet.:smile2:

Coops.

·
Registered
650 Posts
You snooze, you loose. Every time I run to the garage or go have brekky it times out. No big deal!
I get logged out all the time, after say 5 minutes of idle time, so if I am composing a reply or a submission and take more than a few minutes(say whilst typing this reply), then my submission isnt accepted. I use "F5" constantly, I,ve cleared cookies, not cleared cookies (F5)... Installed adblocker/uninstalled adblocker, log out/dont log out, nothing has worked.
I seldom post ride reports here as more have been lost to the logout gods than will ever be received.
Even composing (F5).. submissions in MS Word and pasting etc has become a PITA.
Sorry, but any (F5) widom I might have to share (lol) isnt worth the anxiety and anger caused to me by the logout gods
(F5)
sigh.

·
Registered
14,012 Posts
It is a frustration in mid reply to find out you need to sign in again. On this site, I've noticed when I came back to a thread that my unfinished reply was still there waiting for the enter button. No other site does that.
I've also taken to doing a highlight and copy when I'm not sure. Then I can sign in and not repeat all the typing.
Being concise and un-wordy makes for a quick entry too. Some of these replies are like Tomes.
I don't read some because my attention span is more like that of a gnat. I can't handle it, man.

·
Administrator
1,087 Posts
Hey there

I've bumped up set time for auto-logouts. It was 15 minutes, it's now set for 1 hour of inactivity.

This however should not affect the forum or your browser from saving your login. If you are using "Remember Me", you should be logged in the next time you open the site/refresh after 1 hour. If you are not using "Remember Me", obviously you will have to enter your login information.

Also important to note, if you are using "Remember Me" but you have your browser set to clear your data every time you close it, this overrides the forum functions. Clearing cookies, auto-fill and passwords will have you entering your information every time you come back to the site.

Dayle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts