StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried these? I read about someone somewhere using the stick on tape, but he got his own kind of tape somewhere. I have to replace a turn signal already (1 week) and am not sure which kind of flushmount to get. Some say type I, some say III, and one guy used this type?

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I used type 3. I used epoxy to put them on too :)

They work good for 20 bucks. Running lights too.
Mine are mounted backwards, its reccomended to mount them the other way.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went ahead and have been trying to get some type III's here this week. I haven't found a vendor that can get them here even with express shipping. MAWonline is next week. Ridegear can't guarantee anything. Adventure Motostuff has some kind of flushmount, but they aren't open. Any ideas?

Tom

·
Registered
725 Posts
duSTy said:
I went ahead and have been trying to get some type III's here this week. I haven't found a vendor that can get them here even with express shipping. MAWonline is next week. Ridegear can't guarantee anything. Adventure Motostuff has some kind of flushmount, but they aren't open. Any ideas?

Tom
Have you tried the local bike shops? I bought my set from a LBS, they had them on a peg board behind the parts counter. BTW, I mounted them by drilling two small holes in the fairing and using screws. I don't trust double-sided tape to stick on anything. It's been my experience here in Florida that tape tends to peel off in the sun. I also cut the connectors off of the stock lights and soldered them onto the leads from the flush mounts, so they just snap into the old plugs.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In Northern Iowa, there are much for bike shops. They don't carry much. I couldn't get a Lockhard signal here this week, so I looked at the lights at Adv. Moto and then was able to find the same one from Dennis Kirk ( a K&S version). I don't know anything about it, but is about one day ups to here and they ship right away. Hope it works, I ordered two pairs.

Tom

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Heavy said:
Need a password to access site.

Try someplace else to host it.
Please try it now, I have made public.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got my K & S flushmounts installed. It went very well. I drilled two holes and used the wood type screws to screw it into the plastic. It is very solid and works very well.

Tom

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess I could do that tomorrow. I have a camera in my phone but can't upload them off the phone. Need a special cable. I will bring a camera home from the office and take some pics. Not much to see now, though. Just a flush mount marker on the side of the fairing. There were no gaps this way

Now I just have to try to get out the broken frame bolt that broke when trying to put on my Pat Walsh guard. What a pain. Between the kickstand bolt and the bolt putting on the Kouba link, I'm really tired of trying to get off stuck bolts.

Tom

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, it is subjective, but I think they put out more than the stock signals and at greater angles.

Tom

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, these are the single filament model. They did have a dual filament version. Maybe I should have gotten those. I didn't think about that.

Tom

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got them from Dennis Kirk -

Part# 210189
Flush Mount Single Marker Light

$20.99

Tom

1 - 20 of 28 Posts