StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 150 miles on my new adventure and the lock tumbler that you insert the key into on the left box fell out while riding. I looked at the other lock and the horseshoe shaped clip that holds the lock in is put in from the bottom. I think it needs to be put in from the top so gravity doesn't make it fall out. I just called my dealer and he said he would put in a warranty claim. Anyone else have this problem yet?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not that exact problem, but the tech at the dealer had to take one of my locks out and play around with the tumblers to get it to unlock consistently. I will look at my clips since you mention it...

·
Registered
56 Posts
they could also be installed the wrong way. the clip should have two points of contact with the latch and one with the cylinder.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Remove your locks and take a pair of needle nose pliers and make sure the c clips are secure. Then get some rtv and put just a bit over each c clip and let it dry. Get some powdered graphite and inject into the locks and move the key back and forth numerous times.

Reinstall everything and you shouldnt lose anymore locks and the locks will be a bit smoother with the graphite.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just checked all mine and the c clips were on tight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts