StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking of going synthetic next spring , my local auto parts dealer wants $14.95 for a liter of oil before taxes of 13% for amsoil motor bike oil . and suzuki charges $19 for a filter , wow allmost $80 too change the oil my self . i think i will just save the oil from my deep fryer and do oil changes once a week

·
Registered
165 Posts
order filters from Oneida Suzuki, for about $6 each.
Go to Canadian Tire, look for Rotella-T Synth. It is a 0W-40 in Canada and costs around $23 for 4 Litres.

Apparently they also make a Rotella-T Synth which is a 5W-40 but I've never seen it, I suspect it is only available in the US or areas with warmer climates. I personally use the Rotella regular 15W-40 which I get at Crappy Tire for about $13 / 4 litre jugs.

I get filters at the dealer, here in Ontario they go for about $15 each. However in the bankruptcy sale I picked up half a dozen at about $7 a piece, so I am set for a little while.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Kenworth Truck Centres sell the Shell Rotella T 5-40 full synthetic. It is in the "Blue" plastic containers for about $6.40 a litre.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I have been using Amsoil 0W40 synthetic bike oil in my Wee for about 50,000km. You can get it at Canuck Tyre for 9.00/litre.
Filters I get at Napa, they are around 9 clams.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i must go shop out of town

I have been using Amsoil 0W40 synthetic bike oil in my Wee for about 50,000km. You can get it at Canuck Tyre for 9.00/litre.
Filters I get at Napa, they are around 9 clams.

Cheers!
nearest canadian tire is 250 klm away, but will have too go there too save some bucks, was grumpy day i posted as was charged $ 4 99 for window wiper fluid for the car the day i looked at the bike oil

·
Registered
88 Posts
Rotella Full Synthetic Rant

I've decided to change over to full Synthetic oil. Rotella T 5W40. Had a hellava time finding it in my home town (London Ontario). Wallmart - no. Canadian Tire - no. Auto parts stores - no. Kenworth trucks - yes $30.00 for 4 litres, ouch. Finally found it closer to home (TSC) for a couple of dollars cheaper $27.99 + taxes = $31.99. I was in Port Huron Michigan about a week ago and seen it for $16.00 for 4 quarts. I'am headed back state side so I may pick a good supply and return the 4 litre jug from TSC. I should have picked it up in the states the first time had I known such a large disparity between the two prices. So the more I thought about this the more pissed off I became. So I called Shell oil in Calgary and asked how can there be such a large difference in pricing between Canada and United States.First I was passed along to different phone numbers to a dead end. So I called back and was given a few bullsh*t answers like - more taxes here, difference in the US & Canadian dollars, oil was purchased back when it cost more. I said not good enough. I was to be pass along to a more senior person. I was on hold for to long and then the line went busy. As I expected. So I e-mail shell with no reply as of yet. A couple of days now. I did notice I missed a phone call from Shell but no message was left. Is it me that I think Canadians are being ripped off? It appears the oil company's and/or our government is stealing from us. Thanks for letting me vent.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My folks like to go south to play golf, so I got them to pick me up 2 jugs for $17.00 bucks each. They are on their way back now. I don't understand the price differences either, but like most Canadians I just bend over and let them have their way with me.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Very cool avatar

It's all yours Exsporty. As you can see , I changed mine. Time for a change anyway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I switched to full synthetic at the first oil change. I bought my Rotella 5/40 at TSC farm supply in Bowmanville,Ont. My bike runs smoooooth!!! on this stuff.

·
Registered
157 Posts
As soon as spring rolls around mine will have the synth in it. Canadian Tire has their 0W-40 Rotella Syn. on sale this weekend for $25.00. I got the 5W-40 from South Carolina via retired parents, so I all set. I have 8000 kms on the bike now so it's time for a change to synth. It's got Rotella 15W-40 in it now. I'll stick with stock filters though. Then I at least have a record for them should I need to use my warranty.

PS. sorry about the avatar Patio. I have had that one from my Harley days

·
Registered
88 Posts
15w40

Hey exsporty

I don't think that the rotella 15w 40 is synthetic. It still may be a good oil.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Wal Mart in US sells the Rotella dirt cheap. Don't confuse the Rotell-T from Canadian Tire in the yellow jug, with the blue jug that Kenworth and Wal Mart sell. Yellow jug is Dyno and Blue jug is SYnthetic.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Amsoil

Hi Folks

I am an Amsoil dealer.

Obviously I use my own products and like them. If you are interested you can involve yourself in a program that will allow you to purchase Amsoil products at dealer prices. It's called the "preferred Buyer" program. You purchase a 15 dollar membership for 6 months, 30 for a year, and purchase your products at the same price as me. You can order from the internet and Amsoil ships direct to your door. Amsoil products are considered dangerous goods so they are shipped in Canada by DHL. Amsoil customers benefit from a bulk shipping discount and shipping prices are very reasonable.

I like and use, the 10W40 motorcycle oil, chain lube and the synthetic oil for my truck. Amsoil has a technical line and they happily answer your questions on their products. I use the Amsoil filter for my truck and double the mileage for my oil change interval under normal driving conditions. I do this for my bikes and my vehicle. I noticed my vehicles get slightly better fuel economy and run smoother. I don't use the motorcycle oil filter as I feel they are overly expensive.

If you want to access the preferred buyer program let me know and I'll set you up...and yes I make a small commission from sales. What I do recommend is to make an order with a buddy then shipping costs are reduced. If you're in a small community I'm sure there are others that would like to use the products and this is a great way to reduce costs.

In order to save money you need to order about 100 dollars/year to recoup the costs of membership.

Have a look at their website, www.amsoil.com, or PM me and I'll attempt to answer all your questions.

Hope that helps.

Hope you all had a great Christmas. All the best in the New Year.

Garrett Smith

1 - 16 of 16 Posts