StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stopped in at Pro Calibur in Vancouver Washington today, Was out for a ride with no particular destination and I thought i would go drop my phone number so they could call me when the first unallocated one arrived. He told me it would be hard to call me yesterday. He said the service guys were putting it together as we spoke.

I asked to see it and was told ...no.

The bike is going to be a floor demo for a week or so before it is delivered. He offered to let me do the paperwork to buy the bike but said I couldnt pick it up for at least 5 days.

He really should have taken me back and let me see it. hard to do paperwork on something 20 feet away that you aren't allowed to look at. I may go back tommarow even though its a 2 hour round trip for me.

He did however offer to take my phone back and snap some photos for us Stromtroopers.

Anywayz...

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
Hey Rogue Reaper,
You stole my bike. My L.B.S. told me yesterday that my red one would be there shortly within the next two weeks. Maybe they delivered it to the wrong side of the Country.:green_lol:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am really kinda butthurt they wouldn't let me look at it. They probably could have got me to sign papers. But there is a nice used bike I checked out today as well for about the same outlay.

I may go back and look but at this point I will buy somewhere else and probably wait till I can see a Khaki one.

They missed out on the instant gratification purchase.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Did they give a reason why? Most places don't let customers in the service area for fear of injury/lawsuit.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, Insurance. Which is really a BS claim, as a service tech for many years we used this line to keep annoying customers out of the bays.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
My dealer has a Khaki one coming in two weeks. They have a new 2012 Super Tenere on the floor also for a killer deal. There should be a new ride in my basement any day. Yamaha or Suzuki?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I know for me given the choice of a Vee twin or parallel twin and with the weight difference ill take the new Vee over the Tenere.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I'd take the Tenere but it really depends on the kind of riding you want to do...

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Yeah, Insurance. Which is really a BS claim, as a service tech for many years we used this line to keep annoying customers out of the bays.
I dunno man, I used to work as a computer tech and we didn't allow anyone in the service area for insurance reasons. Not really that someone would get hurt but more to do with customers damaging something or gaining access to other customers personal information.

It is however still surprising as most sales guys will do anything to make a sale!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Cool , I've got some parts to pick up at my Honda/Suzuki shop , I'll have to see if they are sitting on one yet. Yes , they should have let you see it. They of all people should know that for many , bikes are impulse purchases. Love it , I'll take it , where do I sign.:confused: I think I like Khaki a little better though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am really kinda butthurt they wouldn't let me look at it. They probably could have got me to sign papers. But there is a nice used bike I checked out today as well for about the same outlay.

I may go back and look but at this point I will buy somewhere else and probably wait till I can see a Khaki one.

They missed out on the instant gratification purchase.
I stopped at a dealer Tuesday that had one. Three people were looking at it. Sweet looking bike. It was the red one. Salesman told me to throw a leg over it. It was available and could have been purchased. Sounded like they were only going to get 4 more this year. I bet somebody purchased it by now.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
So jealous of all you guys getting to see the new bike in the dealers. We are still a few weeks from seeing these in OZ shops :headbang:

All of you have the responsibility of taking photos and giving us detailed reports while we suffer :yesnod:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would be pissed off has well , Insurance my arse , he's a bad salesman , Same thing happenned to me , after waiting impaitently for the Triumph Trophy to come out , they finally arrived , i RUN up to the dealers , he had 2 in , and you ripper he had a demo ,

I actually had the cheque book and the rego papers for my trade , in the panniers , Got there and he said i can have a ride around the block , but thats all , what the fack on a 28 grand bike.

Anyhow i told him to stick it , and with the problems that bike has there is no way would i buy one now , so they lost a sale , , plus they lost a cutomer , after buying 4 new bikes from them in 4 years plus thousands on accessories , I will not go back .

The guy i bought my v strom only got the sale because he virtually kidnapped me and forced me to test ride one , i had NO INTENTION of buying a v strom until i test rode one at his insitence .

Funny enough though the , other dealer deals in suzuki has well and i know they will give out a better deal than where i bought my wee , but i don't care i'll buy from the smaller dealer from now on ,

They would only treat me like that once ,,You only wanted to look for fack sake .

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
I was out for a ride today after work, and stopped at Grants Pass, Or. Suzuki, Joe brought me back into his shop, had a new red one, nearly out of the crate. He expects 5 this year, 2 adv, 2 red, one tan. He's great to work with, if anyone is looking.

·
Registered
865 Posts
So jealous of all you guys getting to see the new bike in the dealers. We are still a few weeks from seeing these in OZ shops :headbang:
Though you have the benefit of the others doing the beta testing for you!

Not that it should need any after how long it's taken for them to get it on sale.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was out for a ride today after work, and stopped at Grants Pass, Or. Suzuki, Joe brought me back into his shop, had a new red one, nearly out of the crate. He expects 5 this year, 2 adv, 2 red, one tan. He's great to work with, if anyone is looking.
Grants Pass to home would make a nice shake out ride for a new bike
:thumbup:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I'd have told them to piss up a rope.

Who knows what they really did with your phone.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts