StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to beg, borrow or steal a motorcycle for about 10 days next February; I will be in CA for the 2nd running of the Amgen Tour of CA (http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com), and if I can find a bike to use while out there, it would help greatly.
Anyone have any ideas?

TIA,
Kevin Long

·
Registered
14 Posts
Kevin - I notice that the Tour ends in Long Beach. If you flew to Long Beach (LGB), you could rent a BMW from the local dealer, ride it to SF, and follow the Tour back to Long Beach. That would be nice ride on a GS or RT.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys; I did rent a used 1150 RT from SJ BMW last year; nice bike but not for me - it felt vague and underpowered (compared to my then ride, a Concours), and now that I'm having so much fun w/ the 'Strom, I was hoping to find one out there I could use.

KL

·
vstroms.com Rentals
60 Posts
you could rent from me, I own Northwest Motorcycle Adventures LLC Located in Portland Oregon
I only rent the wee strom
360-241-6500
Doug

·
Registered
678 Posts
Sorry to revive a zombie thread, but I wanted to let all y'all know (without resorting to commercial spam) that Dubbelju Motorcycle Rentals in San Francisco now has a V-Strom 650 for rent.

PM for details if you like. (It's not on their website yet.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts