StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me where I can get those little rubber bungs that are on

the DL650 OEM luggage rack and that the OEM top box sits upon?

Is there a part number or has anybody come across a DIY substitute?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just tried looking on Bike Bandit's site, but only saw the actual rack and the hardware associated with it.. No rubber pieces.. Still, give that site a shot. Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong thing..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Can anybody tell me where I can get those little rubber bungs that are on

the DL650 OEM luggage rack and that the OEM top box sits upon?

Is there a part number or has anybody come across a DIY substitute?

Help! I need some too. I think there are two different ones on the racks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure about an "OEM mounting plate", but if you have a Givi top case mounted on a Givi mounting plate E-528, as I had installed by Aurora Suzuki (Seattle) on my '07 DL-650, I had the dealer order me a bag of four (4) rubber dampers/grommets (bungs) as spares. These grommets were ordered by the dealer under (theirs, Suzuki's or Givi's...?) PN: Z126 to replace several grommets that I lost after (carelessly!) removing the top case and not noticing that the "bungs" had pulled out of their mounting plate sockets and were still stuck to the bottom of the case. The cost of this 4-piece rubber grommet kit in 2008 was $2.50.

See the following Givi website for a photo of the E-250 universal mtg plate which shows the 4 grommets in place. I believe the E-528 and E-250 mtg plates use the same grommet in this application.

GIVI E250 - Fitment kits

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not the same as Givi fitments I'm afraid

The OEM rack has little white coloured push in fitting rubber bungs

To give people an idea of what I'm talking about I've attached a few pics

In one pic you can see where one bung is missing

SAM_0579.jpg SAM_0578.jpg SAM_0577.jpg SAM_0576.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
I asked my local dealer's parts department about replacements last week and was told I would have to buy the installation kit to get spares! :yikes: I don't believe for a second dealerships do that for warranty work so somebody has to have a Part Number or a 3rd party source.... I'll keep digging and post anything I find...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Okay, I should have thought of this sooner...:rolleyes5: Those plugs are very similar to ones used in cars so that the glove box, ash tray, etc don't rattle... I went out to eBay and got a ton of hits searching for "rubber glove box bumpers". One of those will work...and any decent automotive store, or restoration shop, should be able to get them.... Just convert the size from that "furrin" metric stuff and it shouldn't be too hard to find something....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for that my friend, seems like Suzuki don't want to know and what

you suggest might just do the job:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Do searches as mcmaster.com

Worse case get Laboratory rubber stoppers used in chemistry or bushings

Old Indian trick just a piece of heavy rubber hose

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure about an "OEM mounting plate", but if you have a Givi top case mounted on a Givi mounting plate E-528, as I had installed by Aurora Suzuki (Seattle) on my '07 DL-650, I had the dealer order me a bag of four (4) rubber dampers/grommets (bungs) as spares. These grommets were ordered by the dealer under (theirs, Suzuki's or Givi's...?) PN: Z126 to replace several grommets that I lost after (carelessly!) removing the top case and not noticing that the "bungs" had pulled out of their mounting plate sockets and were still stuck to the bottom of the case. The cost of this 4-piece rubber grommet kit in 2008 was $2.50.

See the following Givi website for a photo of the E-250 universal mtg plate which shows the 4 grommets in place. I believe the E-528 and E-250 mtg plates use the same grommet in this application.

GIVI E250 - Fitment kits
I Have to thank you my friend you were spot on these Givi rubbers are perfect

fitment for the OEM Suzuki rubbers. Got a set of 4 today from a company in

the UK called MAD4BIKES

This is the link

GIVI Z126 BASE PLATE RUBBERS MONORACK / WINGRACK

Info may be of some use to others looking for spares for the OEM rack

Thanks again:hurray::hurray:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts