StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to what the forks/shocks are rated for on the wee. I'm 5'7" around 265 lbs. and roll down hill when pushed. With gear I'll probably be +15-20 lbs. and occasionally loading 30-40lbs of gear. Will I need to respring or rebuild suspension components?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Probably not, I'm 85kg (OK, 187lb) and sometimes ride with my gf, it handles two-up fine with the rear preload wound up, I've never adjusted the forks.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I agree with Teacup. My wife and I together are about 300 pounds, plus luggage and whatever. Never a problem. At least if you fall, you can just roll away! (per your description)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably not, I'm 85kg (OK, 187lb) and sometimes ride with my gf, it handles two-up fine with the rear preload wound up, I've never adjusted the forks.
I agree with Teacup. My wife and I together are about 300 pounds, plus luggage and whatever. Never a problem. At least if you fall, you can just roll away! (per your description)
Awesome, that was one of my biggest concerns. I'm a lot like a pill bug, I just curl up and roll.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
If you don't have a long inseam, you might want to lower the bike and seat some for more slow speed and stopped stability. Sure helped me. Bobby

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you don't have a long inseam, you might want to lower the bike and seat some for more slow speed and stopped stability. Sure helped me. Bobby
With a 28 1/2" inseam almost every bike is to tall for me hahaha. My DRZ was hysterical with a 35" seat height. My concours was 32" and a lot wider than the wee I may end up opting for a low seat, but I won't do lowering links or anything.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
The 650 seat is lower than the 1000 one. And you can take the rubber bumpers out from the bottom of the seat for 1/2 inch gain. Unless you are going off-road with it, lowering the bike is just fine. Just do it front and back. Takes about an hour. Lowering links on the back and sliding the fork tubes up through the triples in the front. Handlebar risers make it possible to lower the front 1.5", same as one might do the back. Bike is level and handles great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Its really nice to know that there are more of us out there, you just described me. I've never done anything to my suspension, and don't feel it's necessary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts