StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's it for?

Do I set it and forget it? Or do I set it one way for low speed, around town riding and another way for high speed interstate riding?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I generally have mine all of the way up when on the superslab and all of the way down in town. I don't use the other settings. I had the local plastics shop make me one several inches taller than the original. Helped a lot. My all the way down is about as high as the original all the way up was. Of course the angle would be different.

·
Registered
194 Posts
push it down to get the wind in your face, rise it up to find the sweet spot on the freeway that blows the air over your face.

I always like a little wind in my face unless it's in the 40's.

·
Registered
173 Posts
What's it for?

Do I set it and forget it? Or do I set it one way for low speed, around town riding and another way for high speed interstate riding?
I just set mine at the highest setting and forget about it after that. If I continually adjusted it, odds are that I would break it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
push it down to get the wind in your face, rise it up to find the sweet spot on the freeway that blows the air over your face.

I always like a little wind in my face unless it's in the 40's.
The wind is always in my face.
Wind in my face really doesn't bother me since I have a full face helmet anyway.
This is generally appreciated since it helps keep other things that come with the wind from getting in my face... Like what I think was a Japanese Beetle.

If the wind bothers me, I take a page from a sportbike rider's book: I lay on the tank and hide behind the windscreen.

Maybe it's because I'm 6'1" (185cm for the metric folks)

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
The laminar lip is there to smooth the air flow coming off the top edge of the windscreen. Adjust it any way that works best for you. Moving the flow around can keep bugs off your face shield or a blast of air from the bottom of the helmet which can be noisy.

Laminar flow = streamline flow; not turbulent.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I cut 2/3 of the top off a a pre-2012 and attached it to the lip arms on my 2012 Adventure. I can see over the lip to about 15' in front of me. I leave it up all the time. When it it over 85 or 90 degrees outside, I usually ride with my faceshield open, which is less turbulent.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The wind is always in my face.
Wind in my face really doesn't bother me since I have a full face helmet anyway.
This is generally appreciated since it helps keep other things that come with the wind from getting in my face... Like what I think was a Japanese Beetle.

If the wind bothers me, I take a page from a sportbike rider's book: I lay on the tank and hide behind the windscreen.

Maybe it's because I'm 6'1" (185cm for the metric folks)
I prefer the wind in my face myself, I'm 6' 1/2". That said moving the lip can totally change the air flow. In the summer time I leave that thing pushed down all the way. I'm hoping to get a shorty windshield for next year's heat, the strom blocks too much wind with the stock adventure shield.

I almost alway keep my face shield up and wear sunglasses under it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts