StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I tried to make a map in which everyone would appear with the place where they live but got stuck. If we put the country, the city and the forum id, we may find our friends faster in the cities we live in or the countries we go through.
in order not to stretch very much, we should putin alphabetical order the country, under the city and then the forum id, then another member and so on. Exemple:

Canada:
Montreal- xxx, yyyyy, zzz
Ontario, Thunder Bay-vvv, ssss,
Vancouver- eeee,ffff,gggg
Romania:
Bucharest- George13,

USA:
Florida, Lakeland- aaaaaa, bbbb
Oregon, Coos Bay-mmmm, nnnn
Virginia ,Chincoteague Island-Rrrrrr,

·
Registered
735 Posts
I assume the goal is to be able to search when you are in a certain city and want to grab a beer or get some help, or contact people in advance along a route. This should work, all information is optional of course.

·
Super Moderator
13,091 Posts
Okay that's pretty cool!

How do you create the Google data-entry form and link it to the spreadsheet?

Question: Is there a way to use OCR to input date into [numeric] fields?

..Tom

·
Registered
735 Posts
Okay that's pretty cool!

How do you create the Google data-entry form and link it to the spreadsheet?

Question: Is there a way to use OCR to input date into [numeric] fields?

..Tom
Usually dates are already numeric in a spreadsheet like that. Excel can do math on dates, so I imagine Google sheets can as well, for example, if you input April 4 2019 in cell A1 and set another cell to "=A1 + 3" it will display April 7 2019.

I am sure there is a lot more you can do with dates, but I don't use dates all that much so I haven't had opportunity to play.

·
Super Moderator
13,091 Posts
Usually dates are already numeric in a spreadsheet like that. Excel can do math on dates, so I imagine Google sheets can as well, for example, if you input April 4 2019 in cell A1 and set another cell to "=A1 + 3" it will display April 7 2019.

I am sure there is a lot more you can do with dates, but I don't use dates all that much so I haven't had opportunity to play.
Sorry I put one wrong letter in.. I meant 'data' instead of 'date'.

It would be nice to be able to scan a number an have it input into a field. Any thoughts on how to (easily!) Do that?

Thanks!

..Tom

·
Registered
735 Posts
Sorry I put one wrong letter in.. I meant 'data' instead of 'date'.

It would be nice to be able to scan a number an have it input into a field. Any thoughts on how to (easily!) Do that?

Thanks!

..Tom
I have never done that but I am sure it is possible. You can import data from text files, so if it's OCR'd, worst case you can maybe cut and paste into a text file and then import from there.

There are options for cell separation when you import, for example you can set it to recognize that a comma, or semicolon, or tab means that the data goes in a new cell.

In google sheets it's in the file menu then import. You can select upload to import a text document, and then it asks you for the options for separating the cells.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts