StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I know this is a common question, I did a search first but did not find what I was looking for so please help.

I need risers for my 09 as my back is killing me. Are there any out there that don't require the ABS brake line to be replaced with a longer one?

If there are do they allow the bars to come up and back far enough to make any difference (ie: should I go with a traditional non ABS set and replace my brake line to get a better result for my back pain)?

If I should replace my brake line do you have any suggestions (ie: are there ones out there that will improve the performace over the stock one)?

Thanks very much in advance!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah yes I see.

Well if I have to change out my cable I'm wondering if I can get a set that will have the same pull back specs but for less mula so I can help pay for the replacement brake cable.

Are there some out there that will work just as well at the TT ones for ~$60-$70...?

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you have the 09 ABS model, yes you will need the cable changed. If no ABS, you are good to go with these.

I do not have an ABS model and unfortunately, my research ended when I found these. I didn't like any other options so never really read into them.

Yes, mucho dinero for these but I like em and will go for them in the future when I can recover from farkle induced debt.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Basically the same as I have on my Wee. Had them on my BMW before.
Just had to unhook the wiring out of the curly clamps, and re-adjust the brake hose(non ABS)

Made a world of difference.

·
Registered
152 Posts
SV racing sell the piece of stainless steel, black coloured brake hose that you need for risers. I got the gen mar 1 up 1 back, made a big difference. Fitting the hose was easy, bleeding the brakes took ages and a full 500 mls of fluid because of the distance to bleed ie. back to the ABS module and forward to the front banjo again. Well worth the effort.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Risers that fit, no brake line modification

I just installed the 30 mm risers from Twisted Throttle on my 2009 DL650, no ABS, no brake line mod required. There is not "plenty" of play still left , it actually seems to fit perfectly taking up the slack but no worries re: stretching whatsoever. My arms were plenty long enought to reach anyways, the only reason I did it was for better throttle control when standing however, now it feels like I'm on a merry go round motorcycle, which is fine because it is extremely comfortable and upright. I did raise my windscreen a notch as even the slightly higher seated position resulted in some buffeting at higher speeds. Overall I'm very happy with the risers and very happy I did not have to change brake line. Oh, and it also probably provides about 1/4" to 1/2" pullback due to the angle :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts