StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the sucess of this ride last year, its time again. Sat 19th May.
Not so much an organized ride but an overnight camping get together.
The venue is Andrew Drynan Park up Lions Rd on the Qld border. This park has toilet facilities but not much else so BYO everything. I will try to contact the caretaker to organize wood, if that fails everyone may have to bring a pieice. Great riding and even better company, all welcome.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I will miss this one

This weekend falls when Di has her Horse club ride away, anyhow enjoy the weekend and will have to catch up some other time.

one more sleep until the ride to Lightning ridge with Stu and the Bingara boys.

Cheers

·
Registered
808 Posts
Excellent

Kerrie and I are in Gary. Kerrie will likely take the car so we can gather some wood in the boot on arrival if the local dude doesnt deliver....Come by car with Hiroko if you can Steve if the Strom hasnt arrived (or use the test ride excuse on the replacement one to see how it goes)

A nice fire and good company. Thanks for organising it.

Last year!

So far - updated as we go:
Gary & Hiew
Trevor & Kerrie
Howard + 1 BMW Dakar friend
PeteW (a should be)

Possibles: Steve (SuzyVstrom), Sandman, Buzz,

Apologies:
OneOff, mcguyver, Rabbitoh64, BrettStrom1, vstromrcflyer,

Cheers
Trevor

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wood a plenty

I have contacted the caretaker, he is willing to purchase on my behalf wood and deliver it but its $15 a small bag!!! On a better note he is also going to tape off the same area we had last time which was ideal.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I've already arranged an overnighter to Sawtell with the Tweed Ulysses that weekend. Bum. Looks like I and the Bigtop tent miss out again this year. Anyway I hope you all have a good time.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Fingers crossed!

Hi,
Hopefully I can make it, not sure as yet. Looks like a good weekend.

Anyone leaving from Redcliffe area? Maybe ride the long way round rather than the highway?

Talk again soon,

Mike

:thumbup:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hi,
Hopefully I can make it, not sure as yet. Looks like a good weekend.

Anyone leaving from Redcliffe area? Maybe ride the long way round rather than the highway?

Talk again soon,

Mike

:thumbup:
Hi Mike and to all north end riders, if intrested may make a meeting place around Kilcoy and travel via dams and waterfalls. See what this stupid weather is going to throw at us as time gets closer.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Can't do this one... :cry:

Timing is wrong for us, doing breakfast for dad's 90th on the Sunday morning so I can't line the ducks up.. bummer.

Still the old boy's only going to turn 90 once so I have to be there.

Have a good time.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Doh!

Sorry guys, I won't be able to make it, have other commitments that weekend, hope you all have a great weekend!

Mike

·
Registered
515 Posts
Wow... looks like I started the domino effect.

:headbang:

If you can make this weekend, do so... they are always good. :beatnik:

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
I would be up for this one, my other half is a maybe...depending on work commitments.

Regards Ken

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hey guys im in!! I get back from work on the 16th so should be all good. Sita will come in the car also as she will be to far on in the pregnancy to ride by then, just got back from a four day ride with her and she is already getting to fat :green_lol: to get in to her gear. Im a bit excited today as we have another scan to find out if its a boy or a girl :thumbup:

Let me know if you guys need any food organised.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Hopefully

Will be in the same boat as steve c (the other one) will depend if the insurance gets soughted out in time .Hopefully will be be all over by then so hope to catch up with everyone by then .Will even have a mattress that can sleep on.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Looking good

Well done Gareth and Sita...it will be great to catch up.

Let me know if you guys need any food organised.
As for the food, we dont want to add pressure to a nice night away for you guys. We can all do our own unless you really wanted to - I will keep the list updated. Just let us know either way.
Trevor

So far - updated as we go: That's 10 Stroms so far and the Dakar - as at Wed 25/4/12
Gary & Hiew
Trevor & Kerrie
Howard + 1 BMW Dakar friend
PeteW (a should be)
Red Neddy (+ 1 partner maybe)
Chef & Sita + Charlie (plus one in the oven)
SuzyVStrom
Sandman61 + 1
Peter & Lucy
RTLinney

Sandman61 (Chris) has offered to bring some decent firewood (thanks to his lovely wife travelling bycar)
Rides not planned as such, but you may find someone do hook up with...its just a great excuse to get out there.

Possibles: Steve (Tweed-Strom) bike dependant, Buzz, Acerider (albeit very tired), Vman

Apologies:
Mcguyver, Rabbitoh64, BrettStrom1, vstromrcflyer,

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
i am a maybe- life with a little baby girl is a bit numb atm,

work, bath the baby, cook, wash up, wash up baby stuff, more housework, 15 minutes of forum time then more help with midnight feed then crashed in bed and round and around i go again.

All she does is eat sleep and poo---- that's the baby not the wife... no playtime with daddy yet!

·
Registered
388 Posts
i am a maybe- life with a little baby girl is a bit numb atm,

work, bath the baby, cook, wash up, wash up baby stuff, more housework, 15 minutes of forum time then more help with midnight feed then crashed in bed and round and around i go again.

All she does is eat sleep and poo---- that's the baby not the wife... no playtime with daddy yet!
Are you a single parent?????????

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
no - what makes u think that....

our baby is a lazy feeder - takes forever to feed - wife just gets too exhausted during the day to do much else around the house

looking forward to break from the daily grind sometime

1 - 20 of 82 Posts