StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
I just returned from a vacation to England - almost every biker I saw had on Hi-viz. (As did every construction worker, and even a guy stocking shelves in a drug store). I picked up a couple of "jerkins" for 2 for 5 lbs (~$5 ea) at a sport store, which are actually these http://www.vizwear.com/detail.php?p=2&c=0.1 . The bottom flapped a bit, so my wife sewed 2" wide velcro ($1.48/yd) on to fasten it better (the stitching can be seen in the attached picture). The hi-viz comes off/on with my Joe Rocket Ballistic jacket.
(picture was taken in the reflection off my patio window)

Attachments

·
Registered
774 Posts
Ha, that would be the new MC site for the Minnesota Motorcycle Safety Center. Pat Hahn is the creative force behind the Minnesota program. I worked there until last summer.

The new ads are also pretty cool.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I wear a hi viz yellow jacket form Olympia. I get a lot of comments about it, so people must see it. Let 'em laugh, at least they see me!

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I wear a hi viz yellow jacket form Olympia. I get a lot of comments about it, so people must see it. Let 'em laugh, at least they see me!
Ya know, the last laugh may be ours. I'm a pretty non-descript 45-year old guy, and the last time I ran into the grocery store wearing my Hi-Vis Phantom suit for a quick couple of items, not one, but two young attractive women complimented me on the 'cool suit'. Wouldn't have gotten the time of day from either of 'em if I were in my civvies.

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
I live in the city and ride a lot in heavy traffic. I was just thinking today what a difference the Hi-viz Olympia AST - and the Stebel horn - make. The double headlight helps as well, I think.

The only downside is that when you pull up behind people, sometimes they think you're a LEO and slow down.....

For my mesh jacket I have a Class II ANSI mes vest. I bought it from Galls.com.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts