StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What are these strange hair like lines that show up on michelin anakee tires? I have noticed them off and on for a while. Nothing is rubbing the tire. Maybe mold marks? Anybody know.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,485 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well ya learn something new every day ! I was going to say it is just a mold mark but that should have been scrubbed off after a few hundred miles.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
This reminds me of those rubber straps see trailing vechicles from yesteryear.I first noticed those lines on my last set of bridgestones last year.I,ve never noticed any static buildups or discharges during my motoring years.

·
Registered
15,528 Posts
I always looked forward to straddling the bike and getting that static zap. Made me aware I wasn't dead.
Now I'm being protected whether I want to be or not. Dang.

·
Administrator
13,736 Posts
I always looked forward to straddling the bike and getting that static zap. Made me aware I wasn't dead.
Now I'm being protected whether I want to be or not. Dang.
Big brother strikes again!

..Tom

·
Registered
15,528 Posts
"Big brother strikes again!"

I always thought my Big Brother was worse pervert than I. Now he's stolen my Wee sensation!

·
Registered
702 Posts
I've only noticed this on Michelins. My sport bike tires (190/50X17) had the lines, too.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
So why don't all car and motorcycle tires have those lines then?

Uh yea.

I don't think that would ground a bike anyway. Not much conductivity through a power coated wheel. Aluminum frames don't conduct very well either that's why ground wires are distributed.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Aluminum conducts very well, it conducts better than steel or iron, the reason for ground wiring is due to galvanic corrosion of dissimilar metals

K... power coated wheels?

·
Registered
22,313 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
When lightning strikes they say to get into a vehicle, the rubber tires will insulate you from harm.

Just keep that metal spike off the top of your helmet and you should be fine. ;)

·
Administrator
13,736 Posts
When lightning strikes they say to get into a vehicle, the rubber tires will insulate you from harm.

Just keep that metal spike off the top of your helmet and you should be fine. ;)
Yes get in the car, but not because the tires insulate you.

The car is essentially a "Faraday Cage". In simple terms high voltages tend to stay on the outside of a metal cage it's the result a lightening strike stays on the outside.

..Tom

1 - 20 of 23 Posts