Strom Trooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put in a LED tail/brake light. Put something reflective behind the turn signal bulbs for Petes sake and/or make them LED too. Wouldn't mind running lights either.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ditto on the reflecterized material behind the turn signal bulbs and/or brighter bulbs. They are really weak in the daylight.

I did the cheap mod listed in here in the Stromtrooper site of aluminum foil behind the bulbs and I also found some 26.9V bulbs to replace the OEM bulbs which say 21V on them.

Much better.[

QUOTE=tgore3;264075]Put in a LED tail/brake light. Put something reflective behind the turn signal bulbs for Petes sake and/or make them LED too. Wouldn't mind running lights either.[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Three years ago I put in some 50 watt Halogen bulbs. The signals are adequate now. Too bad Suzuki wouldn't just use a clear lens so the light could come out. The lens is the main problem, the opaque plastic is just plain dumb.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Put in a LED tail/brake light. Put something reflective behind the turn signal bulbs for Petes sake and/or make them LED too. Wouldn't mind running lights either.
I agree totally. Compared to my FJR which had a better brake light and turn signal setup, cars really seem to climb down on me a lot more when I am slowing and/or turning. I will be installing a set of hyperlites soon, but in the meantime find myself flicking the brake lever before I start to slow to make a turn in hopes that it helps get some attention.

I have installed reflective tape inside the signal housing which has helped a lot. I like the idea of using a higher wattage bulb, but should I be concerned about damaging anything? Hopefully this question doesn't sound too dumb, I simply know very little about electrical systems. Blown fuses or burned out bulbs is something I want to avoid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts