StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put lights on the fork lowers? Looks like there are some mount points there, (reflectors, maybe?).
I can foresee wiring challenges, but having a set of lights tracking with the wheel could be useful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
I removed my reflectors and used those holes for my fog lights. Wire dress-out wasn't difficult...just follow the brake lines down.

·
Super Moderator
16,235 Posts
Its where most mount them, lots and lots of pics and posts about it.

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,228 Posts
These are on my short list of upgrades, but I'm still looking for the right amber/yellow ones to put there, which I can't seem to find. I want visibility, not additional night vision for now. Mine will turn on with the key via my aux. fuse block.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I thought about adding mine there too, but opted instead to use my crash bars. I was worried about gravel debris hitting them off they were mounted that low.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
The two lower ones are Whelen TIR3 held by one strong hose clamp each. Made my own mounts out of aluminum profile and some pieces of stainless flat material that is clamped to the fork leg. About 25-30k miles on them now, any kind of miles from rocky dirt roads to slab.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I also mounted my LED spots on my crash bars with Heavy Duty aluminum clamp mounts and will use the white DOT type reflective stickers on the front of each lower fork leg(photos later)

·
Registered
14,233 Posts
I had a set on the forks and mounted a replacement set on the crash bars but the older Motech bars do not have a nice level spot on which to mount. So aiming the lights is a bit fussy.

The newer set came with clamp mount.

·
Registered
528 Posts
These are on my short list of upgrades, but I'm still looking for the right amber/yellow ones to put there, which I can't seem to find. I want visibility, not additional night vision for now. Mine will turn on with the key via my aux. fuse block.
Yellow or amber vinyl film from Amazon, or any auto store. Cheap, easy and effective. For less than $10, enough to do dozens of lights. My ridding buddy tells me the contrast of the white headlight with the yellow aux lights really makes me stand out. Here's a pic, without them turned on unfortunately. Oh, and don't mind the dead bird.
IMAG0005.jpg

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,228 Posts
Yellow or amber vinyl film from Amazon, or any auto store. Cheap, easy and effective. For less than $10, enough to do dozens of lights. My ridding buddy tells me the contrast of the white headlight with the yellow aux lights really makes me stand out. Here's a pic, without them turned on unfortunately. Oh, and don't mind the dead bird.
View attachment 179889
Good idea! Poor robin! I once took out a pair of goldfinches, male & female. Sad. And messy.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I believe I read the open plug on the left side of my 2015 650A harness is for the heated grips, but could be used to power a switched on relay for my lights...can anyone confirm that for me?
Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Do a search for posts by me and you'll find one covering my aux power block build (including info on tapping into the switched system) and one on mounting $25 LEDs from Amazon. I'd link the posts but I'm on Tapatalk--its kludgey about those things.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts

About $20/pair on amazon. I just mounted them on the fender bolt so I could retain the reflectors. They're aimed up into the eyes of oncoming traffic and are always on for daytime visibility, and for night I have them only come on with the high beams.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts