StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to install ammo cases on givi brackets. I found a let 10 light, cut in light at wally world tonight. It is wired to be a running, turn, and brake light with three wires. Suzuki sets our bikes up to use four wires{ breaks and turns are separate} Two questtions: 1. can I hook up this light to my bike? and how? 2. Will these led lights overload my bike wiring, esp the turn signal relay? One of my only complaints of my wee is the poor visibility of the rear turn signals in the day time. Its scarry.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm starting to install ammo cases on givi brackets. I found a let 10 light, cut in light at wally world tonight. It is wired to be a running, turn, and brake light with three wires. Suzuki sets our bikes up to use four wires{ breaks and turns are separate} Two questtions: 1. can I hook up this light to my bike? and how? 2. Will these led lights overload my bike wiring, esp the turn signal relay? One of my only complaints of my wee is the poor visibility of the rear turn signals in the day time. Its scarry.
I (and many, many others) recommend Easter Beaver. Jim Davis' work and customer support is top notch. One stop shopping for nearly all of your V-Strom electrical projects.

For what you're doing, you'll want this plug 'n' play solution:

http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Bike_Specific/VStrom/body_vstrom.html#braketailsignal

While you're at it, order a headlight relay kit, and maybe a fuse box, and you'll likely save a bit of shipping over ordering them at a later date.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like Jims brake hookup kit will work but I see a four wire outlet from the bike, The lights I am looking at only have 3 wires what do i need to hook them up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts