StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: I am not employed or hired or anything by this company, I just really love their selection, and it is a semi-hometown biz.
That said....

Check out http://www.rallylights.com/ for Hella and Optilux lights. He also sells OEM headlight units, which rock if you like to make your own stuff, including 120, 90, and now 50mm projection headlamp units.
I did a HI/LOW combo on my SV650 (which of COURSE was stolen, and that was the ONLY thing missing when I got it back...300hr of planing and prototyping that damn enclosure...anyway), which was a big odd looking, but worked wonderful.

AND, with it being Hella, they are all DOT legal.

Just passing along some info I know you tourers would like to have.
ps: the prices are cheaper than anywhere else I found (well, at least 2 years ago when I did my headlight system)

J

·
0 Posts
I just acquired my DL650K4 and I find that the stock lights (I am assuming that the PO did not change them) are incredible! The high beams are super bright retina searing photon blasts :shock: which illuminate the road ahead as good or better than my cars. I suppose if someone were doing a rally and lots of really off-road stuff then extra lights might be required. But I am extremely pleased with the brightness of the stock headlights.

Now the rear, on the other hand...

As I always say to my friends - "You can never have too many lights!" :D

K

·
0 Posts
you like the highbeams?
i've found that they're aimed a bit high (get better road illumination w/ the low beams) although with all the hills around here they are useful

·
Registered
178 Posts
The headlights are adjustable for both horizontal and vertical alignment, the vertical adjuster is a bolt near the 4 o'clock position and the horizontal a bolt near the 10 o'clock position using the bulb wiring plug as the center of the clock. This applies to each headlight.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jambotron said:
I just acquired my DL650K4 and I find that the stock lights (I am assuming that the PO did not change them) are incredible! The high beams are super bright retina searing photon blasts :shock: which illuminate the road ahead as good or better than my cars. I suppose if someone were doing a rally and lots of really off-road stuff then extra lights might be required. But I am extremely pleased with the brightness of the stock headlights.

Now the rear, on the other hand...

As I always say to my friends - "You can never have too many lights!" :D
Oh yeah, stock is wicked!! But on some turns, I want a high side light to get the corners, and when the high is on, I want to see more of the road...
yeah, you can never have too many :)

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Try running a set of Sylvania Silverstars. They are REALLY bright, much brighter than stock. There also companies that sell aftermarket HID kits, but they usually about $300. Oh, my headlights were adjusted way up also. When I turned my high beams on it was like I was spotting for birds in trees or something.

K

·
0 Posts
spongebob218 said:
Try running a set of Sylvania Silverstars. They are REALLY bright, much brighter than stock. There also companies that sell aftermarket HID kits, but they usually about $300. Oh, my headlights were adjusted way up also. When I turned my high beams on it was like I was spotting for birds in trees or something.
i'm not sure i need anything brighter...atleast two people a night flash their brights at me.

E

·
0 Posts
In response to Keithrj:

I think if people are flashing their brights at you it might be an indication that your headlights are adjusted too high. I had the same problem with my 650 when it was new - the "dipped" position was way too high and I was constantly dazzling motorists, who quite understandably thought I had left my headlights on "high".

I got my service centre to adjust it at the 600m service as I think it really should have been checked as part of the pre-delivery inspection. They begrudgingly agreed that they "might have been a little on the high side".

Hope that helps,

Ed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts