StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been many threads on people using Silverstars (4000K) to replace their OEM bulbs. Without getting too deep into it, I don't find they are that white (whiter and brighter than the OEM bulbs, but still look yellowy compared to the 55W 4300K H4 MTecs I have installed).

Anyhow...I'll be mounting some PIAA 004x lights with Super White bulbs, which are allegedly 35W bulbs @ 3800-4000K.

How "white" are they? are they bluish, or still yellowy?

Does anyone make a 35W H3 with a hotter color temp? I thought PIAA did (Xtreme White), but according to their site, the H3s are 55W.

Cheers,

Lang

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
Daylight is ~6000K. That will look blue at night because most incandescent light is under 3000K. Everything is relative.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Those are rather very white compared to standard halogen bulbs. I've used lots of PIAA bulbs in product testing and they really are much better than standard bulbs. The Strom is a perfect test bed with its twin headlights. Replace just one bulb and leave the other stock or some other brand. You want to see yellow you might have missed before? Leave one OEM bulb in there and try an Xtreme White or Super Plasma PIAA in the other reflector.
It's pretty impressive.

Gadgetman out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts