StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there's a thread showing ways to carry chainsaws, freezers, and the like on a Strom. How about packing light?

Set up for a week on the road, camping. Photo in Eastern Oregon last spring. There's a fly rod, tent, sleeping bag, stove, etc aboard:

Set up for a week on the road, no camping. Photo in Eastern Oregon last month:

Sometimes I think we make this harder than it is. Thirty years ago I'd just strap a duffel bag across the seat and go. Now, I just strap a duffel bag across the seat and go. Will concede the usefulness of luggage though, absolutely. Simply haven't gotten around to purchasing much for the Strom yet, and it hasn't kept me from hitting the road.

I've got a pickup when I need to haul dead deer, firewood, multiple coolers, a boat etc... With the bike - traveling light and easy seems to attract me more than figuring out how to lash yet another hundred pounds to it.

Regards, CW

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Yes, less is more . . . . sort of.

Your gear looks bulky ~ for a single toothbrush, pair of underpants, and a pair of socks. Please reassure us that you are carrying an airpump & plug-kit !!

·
Registered
15,411 Posts
If you dress commando or wear the same thing for days you don't need much. Even my camping gear is too much with a tent and all.
Buddist monks travel with just a bowl. I'm not sure we can rely on the generosity of folks here.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Travelling light

I agree travelling light is the way to go for me. I do like soft saddlebags instead of a duffle bag, simply because it's easier to swing my leg on and off the bike.

Hard cases are nice in the city for security but I don't spend much time in cities.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts