StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some 55 MM steering damper brackets to install on the forks for additional lighting mounts. They were delivered but are only around 52 or 52.5 mm in one direction (lopsided a bit).

I thought about returning them but I'd rather just fix the problem. Do you think a Dremmel sanding drum would work or would it be too course? How much do you think a machine shop would charge to sand them?

·
phatguy in Cbus
182 Posts
Is this what you originally had in mind? I didn't do anything to my damper clamps...used them as received. Ordered from ProTek in size 43mm, to fit on the upper end of fork legs. The machined legs taper from approx. 44mm at top down to 42mm at bottom so you have to size them for the location you prefer. ProTek offers these in Gold, but their US distributor only had the silver when I ordered. I didn't want to wait for the gold. Mounting to fork legs allows the aux floods to always be pointed where I'm aiming the bike. Hope my insight helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my second attempt to post a response.

Thanks for your response. I need 55mm as the fork is 54 at the point where you attached your bracket. I have a 2014 DL 1000 A. I added an extra 1 mm for wiggle room.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, I am not sure what accounts for the size difference in the forks. What bike do you have?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts