StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is tons of info on LED bulbs. I am trying find a post from an inmate about him replacing head light bulbs with cheap "white" bulbs. He even listed links and pics. Head light bulbs were about 20 bucks each. Even had the marker light bulb listed. I don't need super bright LEDs, as I have aftermarket ones. Just want to match the Color temperature of the LEDs to the headlights. Any one have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
No, no clue, but Evitek LED's are $49.99 a pair from Amazon, are pure white and as bright if not brighter than the stock H4's. Don't see a reason to go any less quality or output, nowadays.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
DL1000 2014+ doesn't use H4 bulbs. It uses one H7 bulb for low beam and one H9 bulb for high beam. Are you talking about other model/year V-Strom?
This sub-section is for DL1000 2014+ only.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I just went to Napa and bought some cheap car bulbs, work way better then stock.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
I just went to Napa and bought some cheap car bulbs, work way better then stock.
Keep in mind that they'll have a shorter life. They're brighter due to burning the filament hotter. It might be good to carry a spare low beam bulb.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Keep in mind that they'll have a shorter life. They're brighter due to burning the filament hotter. It might be good to carry a spare low beam bulb.
the one i bought was not one of the brighter ones. i noticed they had extreme ones that had like an 80 hour life.

the ones i bought are brighter then OEM is what i meant. i'm sure they don't comapre to the high end options though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
For my burned out high beam bulb I just bought a Basic H9 from O'Reilly Auto Parts for $15. However, it's rated for only 240 hours (I usually ride with the High beam on but I guess I won't be with this one!). I ordered LED replacements for both hi and low but they haven't arrived yet.. I'm about to leave for the Stromtrooper Rally up in Oregon and I wanted to have a high beam for the journey.

BTW, earlier my low beam bulb burned out and the dealer replaced it under Warranty. They said that only one bulb was covered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts