StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone have any experience with these lift stand from venom:
https://www.amazon.ca/Venom-Motorcycle-Swingarm-Paddock-Kawasaki/dp/B0036QZ8VQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1540255573&sr=8-1&keywords=motorcycle+wheel+stand&dpID=51iwoQ-9YcL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

OR any other lift stand that could be recommended? I was thinking on putting my bike on one of these for long term storage (winter) and when I want to do something on it (clean, maintenance, etc). Would I be better off with a center stand instead (although a center stand doesn't clear the weight on the tires)?

Thank you

·
Registered
156 Posts
Do not buy. The rear is not wide enough to fit the rear swingarm and the front mounting spindles are too wide for one side of the front forks. It's a big negative for either end.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, I'll look into a center stand then. Any idea on how to keep the weight off the tire on long term storage (4-6 months) to prevent flat tire? I won't be able to always turn the tire to prevent it

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
ok, I'll look into a center stand then. Any idea on how to keep the weight off the tire on long term storage (4-6 months) to prevent flat tire? I won't be able to always turn the tire to prevent it
I store all my bikes on the center stand over winter and do not worry about the front tire or flat spots. Never noticed a problem. I don't think flat spots are as much of an issue with modern tires as they were with tires 20-30 years ago.

If you notice, there is not a lot of weight on the front tire when on a center stand anyway..

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Watch Craigslist and Facebooks Marketspace for some good deals on stands.
Ive picked up Pitbulls for 50 bucks off there.
People sell bikes and just want them gone.
I have also bought the BILT brand from Cyclegear to use up til I got the Pitbulls and they are decent for the price if you got a Cyclegear around.
Mike

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, do there's no center stand that is like the perfect one, they are all equal if I understand correctly. I only found the sw-motech when googling only that is a fit for this bike.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I recommend the oem Suzuki Center Stand. It fits like it grew there, works well, easy install.
For the '17 DL650 Part #42100-06870 List from Suzuki is $289, I paid nowhere near that for my Suzi stand for my '14 DL1K. Shop various Suzuki parts departments online for your best price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts