StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get another inch or so outta her. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my LG-P509 using Motorcycle App

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looking to get another inch or so outta her. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Someone locally cut some raising links for me. something like 5MM in the link is 1" at seat or .5 in link is 1" or something like that. I love the raised height and it fits me perfect! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
520 Posts

I added a 7075 aluminum 1" raising link from Burkhart Cycle. They also make a 5/8" raising link. Link:
Redirecting...

This way you do not need to lower the front end 15mm to get quicker turn in. The raised rear has a similar effect without reducing the already paltry front end travel.

Higher quality than other ones I looked at, not to mention names.

However, I also recommend adding a hockey puck to your kick stand foot at the same time as the raised rear WILL lean the bike over more severely when parked. The hockey puck mod works and is NOT my original idea. You mark and drill holes, at the bottom of puck counter sink the bolt heads of two Grade 8 bolts, tighten with Locktite and ride. Replace every 10,000 miles (cost $1).

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Lifted my 1000 and now the centerstand wont get the rear wheel off the ground enough to easily oil chain.
Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
i got a set of 1" links from burkhart in 705 alu and they were fine but tbh didnt make a HUGE amount of difference, no idea where they measure things at but i got about .5" at the footpeg. I had a set made locally from mild steel that lifted it about 1.5" at the pegs and they have been fine so far. quite a big of offroading with em and no problems at all, best thing was they cost me £10 and were done using scrap the engineering place had lying about.

does anyone know of forks from dirtbikes that could be easily fitted to the strom to lift it up a load more???

Oh and as for the stand.... i have no centrestand but my sidestand is as it left the factory with no issues, bike doesnt seem to want to fall over on it so i wouldnt go spending any crazy cash there just 'incase'

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Lifted my 1000 and now the centerstand wont get the rear wheel off the ground enough to easily oil chain.
Mike
Weld on 1" extensions to each foot of stand.

The hockey puck mod to side stand costs $2 and helps when parking in softer dirt. This is a popular GS mod. Every "fix" tends to create at least one more challenge to be sorted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info, didn't expect anyone to chime in so quickly. I just ordered a set of 1.5" links from burkhart. Hopefully I can get them on before the deep freeze comes here in northern ohio.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mike
I carry a short piece of 1x4" board in my side case. Can park fine without it, or else I park somewhere with a hole / drop off or use the short board under the center stand to raise it enough for oiling, maintenance. Not really a problem so far. The recess in asphalt from the front wheel of a cage in a parking space is enough for me to get the rear off the ground to spin it.

·
Registered
707 Posts
raised mine about 3"

I used Soupy's links and added a V seat. I figure I got about an inch out of the seat height because of the denser foam and wider seat configuration as well as the high quality build from Soupy's links that lifted my Wee about two inches. I like being able to lower it back down if I need to so my wife could ride my Wee when ever...works very well. I'm 6'3" and I am only just flat footed at a stop light. This kind of lifting doesn't affect the distance to the foot pegs, but I really like the feel of stretching out while stopped and it just feels better to me. Plus, as pointed out by someone else, this achieves the same effect of lowering the front end, so I get the benefits of the size adjustment with the quicker turn-in. :beatnik:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts