StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Google search and searching these forums didn't yield any results... most results were about the H4/9003 headlight bulbs. The owner's manual only says that it's a 5W bulb. I pulled it and it looks very short... and the only markings say 5W on the metal part of the bulb.

I replaced the license plate lights on my Jeep and Equinox last week with 1W Osram LED bulbs (style 168/194)... and I really like the look. Makes the plate light up more European-style, slight bluish tint.

I just need the size of the bulb. Anyone know? Anyone have a factory service manual that says?

Thanks!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The service manual has no additional info.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The service manual has no additional info.
Neither does this guide, officially... nothing listed under the license plate bulb for the Suzuki DL650A.

http://www.gelighting.com/LightingWeb/apac/images/Motorcycle_Lamp_Guide_Brochure_EN_tcm281-18015.pdf

But on page 3, it shows an R5W, 5watt, BA15s bulb which looks exactly like the Glee's bulb that I pulled out last night. Since it's the same BA15s base that the 21W (size 1156 single-intensity) bulb uses... it's safe to assume that I can use one of those, size/space permitting. Correct?

·
Registered
15,542 Posts
Doh, I'd walk into the auto parts store with the old bulb in hand and them boys would fix me right up with a new one. 6 watt maybe?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts