StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I'm going to need recommendations on a boot to drive to Alaska and Tuk at some point... something with a little more sole meat than above.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm going to need recommendations on a boot to drive to Alaska and Tuk at some point... something with a little more sole meat than above.
I bought and returned these from GP Bikes last summer, they had them on clearance in store for ~$250. Really nice looking boot, but too much boot for me. May be worth a call to see if they still have them on sale in store.

https://gpbikes.com/tcx-infinity-evo-gore-tex-boot.html

Reactions: Webfors

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought and returned these from GP Bikes last summer, they had them on clearance in store for ~$250. Really nice looking boot, but too much boot for me. May be worth a call to see if they still have them on sale in store.
https://gpbikes.com/tcx-infinity-evo-gore-tex-boot.html
Now $550 online in just three sizes (8, 8.5, and 13). You'd think those three last sizes WOULD be on sale. Maybe worth a call if you wear a 13. I can't imagine a tall ADV-bike rider being a size 8/8.5 nor a passenger needing such solid boots.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
For everyday use and long distance stuff, I'm always going to be wearing my Daytona Evo Sports. Normally a little spendy, but I picked up a pair for $200. Have put about 150k on them and these are my favourite boots right now. Not waterproof, but will be fine for about an hour of rain or all day riding in light rain. Extremely comfortable for walking.
https://gpbikes.com/daytona-evo-sports-racing-boot.html

When it's going to be really wet, I wear the Alpinestars Web Gortex. Usually last me around 100k-150k before starting to leak, which is excellent. Used to wear them as my daily boots, but the Daytona's are better in every way asides from being waterproof, so these don't get as much use anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
We started wearing the Forma Adventures in 2013 and they have been great, water proof, comfortable on the bike & off.
The biggest down side is the don't offer a lot of protection for off road riding.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/forma-adventure-boots

When we bought our DR650's we wanted more protection so bought the Sidi Adventure 2 which have become our every day boot. We find them comfortable on & off the bike, waterproof and offer good protection

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sidi-adventure-2-gore-tex-boots?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Text-Vendor%20Tail-SIDI%20Boots-Footwear&utm_id=bing_73204135_4811771031_77034607989265_kwd-77034632255015:loc-9_c&utm_term=SIDI%20Adventure&msclkid=fddd983a701717324540c5846838215b

Both can get hot but I think thats inherent with most if not all gortex boots.

Cheers V2man & GotaV2

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the Sidi Adventure 1 boots, although I think they were just called Sidi Adventure. I love them. Were easy to break in and have plenty of room at top to tuck your pants in.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have worn these boots year round for 3 years. Extremely comfortable both on and off the bike. Waterproof (windproof) and don't look like moon boots, but have solid protection. Easy on off and no laces to worry about. Replaceable sole. Not cheap, but last forever so ends up being a good buy, because you are not replacing $ 200 boots every two years. I have these low cuts, but also come in a high cut ($50 more). Soles have lasted from continuous use, but I'll replace when needed and keep on riding/walking in comfort.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-pioneer-outdry-boots

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts

Forma Adventure

I too went for the deal re the grey Forma Adventure posted by a trooper here. I'm really happy with them and they have become my go to riding boots.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Forma Adventure

I too went for the deal re the grey Forma Adventure posted by a trooper here. I'm really happy with them and they have become my go to riding boots.
I went with the tall Forma Adventures. About 6 months and 7,000+ miles and I am quite happy with them. Dirt, mud, gravel, rocks, water, all handled well. They are a tad wide for my feet and the very top a little loose (I have narrow calves, I guess) but still very comfortable.

·
Registered
22,391 Posts
Boots are like helmets, everyone has different proportioned foot shapes, just like skulls

·
Registered
571 Posts
Bought these BMW Goretex boots some 8+ years ago and they are still going strong (I only ride about 5k miles per year on average and often wear regular shoes for short trips to work etc). Before these I always wore hiking boots which would inevitably leak when riding in rain for extended time periods. Not these. Made in Italy, so probably just rebranded from one of the leading brands there. They were not cheap but like buying good tools you only cry once. When the time comes to replace these I will only consider boots with the Goretex logo and if at all possible European made.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,154 Posts
I use a pair of these work boots,

https://www.haix.co.uk/haix-airpowe...d5FgebD0lzTvLkRHOuTtfqZtTuEy4sFRoC4_8QAvD_BwE

Steel mid sole, well insulated and Goretex for a fraction of the price of a dedicated bike boot. Plus I can walk around comfortably.
The problem with non motorcycle boots, is that they have no lateral protection, ankle armor, or shin armor.......oh yeah it matters when it matters. I agree that a work boot is gonna be better than any tennis shoe, but the protection isn't much better to be honest. Both of my moto boots are also comfy to walk in off the bike, and they are very tall so as no possible entry for water to get down inside of them. It all boils down to what works for you, but I am a bit of a gear snob and have owned gear from all price points over my years of riding. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

·
Registered
22,391 Posts
The problem with non motorcycle boots, is that they have no lateral protection, ankle armor, or shin armor......
not true, I will put the protection of a loggers boot against a MC boot anyday, they have as much if not more protection than a MC boot

there are many work situations that require the same protections as MC boots

there is no savings, they likely cost more, cause they are protecting from rolling logs, stumbling, 200mph chains

·
Administrator
18,154 Posts
not true, I will put the protection of a loggers boot against a MC boot anyday, they have as much if not more protection than a MC boot

there are many work situations that require the same protections as MC boots

there is no savings, they likely cost more, cause they are protecting from rolling logs, stumbling, 200mph chains

Not the norm nor a good comparison IMHO, but yeah those are built like tanks. Now I would imagine that shifting and overall movement will be extremely difficult in those, do you personally wear these or just found them as an alternative?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have alpine stars Belize boots, they are a short version of the a-stars Corozal motocross style adventure boot. They are a bit overkill for riding mostly on road but the support they give my feet on the pegs makes them extremely comfortable and superior to “work boots”. Waterproof is really great too. I knew alpine stars were pretty good but I am definitely a fan now after these boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22,391 Posts
Not the norm nor a good comparison IMHO, but yeah those are built like tanks. Now I would imagine that shifting and overall movement will be extremely difficult in those, do you personally wear these or just found them as an alternative?
I have been wearing a Wolverine boot for nearly 30 years, I have found a boot that fits me right out of the box, with no break in, they are work boots that get a lot of walking miles on them, as a land surveyor, kicking the toe at sod. I get about a year and a half, and now that I am retired, about 2½ years, I feel safe as a motorcycle boot, but a couple incidents getting my foot pinched under my UTV in a rollover, and a tree jumping off the stump (luckily just a small sapling size tree) has me looking at the Haix lineup, I wasn't injured more than a slight bruise. The one I linked to is designed for forest fire fighting, in cold and hot weather. top of their line $445 I am looking at something that is similar, but lace up for $335, and I will continue to wrap the top of my boots with duct tape to prevent my laces getting snagged

I would actually like to find a local store that keeps Haix in stock, to see how they fit me, buying unknowns online is not my thing, and I rather support my local economy even if it does cost a couple extra ¢

41 - 60 of 71 Posts