StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to carry my laptop and some small camera gear in a sturdy waterproof case. From what I can gather the Pelican is the way to go.

But the question is how to mount it.

I'd like to hear from those of you who have done it and lets see some pics too!!

Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've used a Pelican 1500 as a topcase since my bike was new in 2005. It works great and is just big enough to hold my LandsEnd rigger bag containing portfolio and an IBM thinkpad for my work commute. Once I get to work, the 1500 holds my Darien pants. I bolted it directly to the stock rack using some longer bolts. Remove rack, line up case, mark, drill, and re-secure the rack/case. Just don't bolt it too far forward or you can't get your seat off! I did this and had to plug/re-drill the holes a little further back.

In the photo below, you can see the two stock rack bolts and one smaller bolt near the rear. This small bolt goes through an existing hole in the rack and helps located the case while you drill the case and bolt the rack.

Attachments

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Mounting hardware courtesy of caribou.

I got the foam fill for the case as well.

I usually tote my ginormous laptop in its giant case in the left side case. i think it suffers shock better in that orientation.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I'd like to go with a rectangular box for a top box, but the Pelican 1550 is just a bit small.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts