StromTrooper banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Looks good. Question - are your front turn signals visible to oncoming traffic when the driving lights are on?
Good question and another member years ago advised there is a minimum distance aux lights are supposed to be from turn signals....I forgot what it is. The aux lights are pointed down a bit & I have walked out in front of the bike with the flashers on and can see the turn signals blinking, so I do not think it is a problem. If you think about it, the headlight is pretty darn close to them too and it is waaaay brighter.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
The location of the aux lights about where mine are ..... or even if you could place them lower is important. Why? Because it is the triangle effect, like a train. This arrangement has been studied and proven the best method to reduce wrecks and get drivers attention. A critical metric because of how cars and trains do not place nice together.

BTW, MY AVITAR SHOWS my lights and placement well.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I ordered these in 2016 and installed them for my trip to Alaska in 2017.
They been on constantly for over 25k miles, and despite one of them getting a crack in the lense, it still works fine.

They cost ~ $23.25 at the time.

I don't drive at night so I cannot attest to how well they light up the road, but they do make me more visible during the day.

Relax and have a homebrew

Autocorrect is my new enema

·
Registered
230 Posts
Blazer 2" from Northern Tool, sold individually for about $24 each. 2 years and 12,000 miles so far including a lot of rain. Still impressed with them, look and function like new. Even the hardware shows no rust etc.

Mounted on AdventureTech bracket that came with the bike.

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I can't say enough good about the lights from ADVMonster.com. I've had the F11's in amber
. . .
I don't see an "F11" on their web site now. Can you tell us which model that's now available you would think would be most similar to your F11s?
Thanks

·
Registered
362 Posts
I don't see an "F11" on their web site now. Can you tell us which model that's now available you would think would be most similar to your F11s?
Thanks
Looks like they are gone. I bought them in 2015, but they were still on the site when I bought my 57FA kit from them just a couple months ago. 5 years is a long run in the LED market. Might be worth an email to them.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts