StromTrooper banner

Let talk V2 bike covers. Suggestions?

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  symbiotix 
#1 ·
Anybody have a recommendation for a decent quality (rainproof) motorcycle cover? Requirements are that it fits over luggage (Shad sh36 sides, sh48 top), but also one that wouldn't be too baggy with cases off the bike. Only other requirement is that it would fold up reasonably small as I tend to carry it on the bike at all times.

Suggestions appreciated!

#2 ·
I don't think you'll find something so double-duty. If it fits over the side cases, it would probably hang on the ground without them. I've found the Dowco Traveler half cover is good enough to keep sun and such off the bike at the office and it packs into a 4" x 8" stuff bag.

#3 · (Edited)
Amazon.com: Dowco 51614-00 Guardian-00 WeatherAll Plus Motorcycle Cover, Black - Adventure Touring: Automotive

There is the solution to what you are looking for. I have owned it for a year now and absolutely love it. It is durable enough to stand up to Reno, Nevada wind, sun, and snow. Even after a year of sitting out in intense sun it still looks brand new. We have had some downpours this year and it has kept my V2 completely dry through them all.

I have the adventure model V2, so I use mine with the Suzuki luggage. With the Suzuki luggage on it covers my back wheel as well (not like in the photo on amazon). With the panniers off it is obviously a little bit more loose, but it doesn't hang on the ground. The elastic at the bottom is a very strong elastic that holds it tight around the bottom of the bike.
It comes with a strap on the bottom that clips to hold itself on the bike, like most covers do.

I have owned many different covers and found all of them to be lacking in different areas. This is the first one that I am 100% happy with! Last week I did my 4,000 mile service, and the dealer was impressed with the condition of my bike. He said "obviously you have a garage to keep it in", which I don't.

The cover folds up small enough to fit in my right pannier (the smaller of the 2) with no problems.

#4 ·
I just bought one of these covers online for the Wee/Glee while traveling with luggage. I have a regular heavier cover at home.
The large version of this (which I bought) is said to be able to cover a full-sized bike with luggage.
It comes with its own bag and the packed size is about equal to a loaf of bread.
Not meant to last forever but will be good while traveling

Cover Max Motorcycle Half Cover - RevZilla

#6 ·
We have used these for the last 3 years and even tho they dont look like much the will go over a top box.
It is surprising how much they actually keep off the bike and we have had ours in some very heavy rain without any water getting under them.
They will not cover your panniers.
Pack up small and easy to put on, the storage bag is sewn onto the cover so You cant loose it.
Product Details - Andy Strapz

Cheers V2man & GotaV2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.