StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my Leo Vince's from amotostuff and excited to get them on. In the directions the above gaskets are mentioned (if supplied) to replace the OEM exhaust gaskets. I do not have any gaskets in my kit, so do I take the OEM gaskets and install them in the new mid-pipes or run them without (any leaks)?

Thanks,

Trent

·
Administrator
16,795 Posts
stinger96 said:
I just received my Leo Vince's from amotostuff and excited to get them on. In the directions the above gaskets are mentioned (if supplied) to replace the OEM exhaust gaskets. I do not have any gaskets in my kit, so do I take the OEM gaskets and install them in the new mid-pipes or run them without (any leaks)?

Thanks,

Trent
There are no gaskets...just put some high temp RTV silicone around the header midpipe, and slip on the new midpipe. Tighten the clamps real good, and you are set. Put some silicone on the inside of the exhaust cans as well, before you slip them on. Once everything is tightend up, including all the clamps, you may notice the cans will be able to swivel side to side a bit. Don't worry, you won't leak, and they will stop moving around once they go through some heat cycles. Enjoy those cans!!!! They are VERY high quality, Leo Vince is the 2nd oldest manufacturer, in the high performance exhaust business. Yoshimura is first!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big B said:
stinger96 said:

Thanks,

Trent
There are no gaskets...just put some high temp RTV silicone around the header midpipe, and slip on the new midpipe. Tighten the clamps real good, and you are set. Put some silicone on the inside of the exhaust cans as well, before you slip them on. Once everything is tightend up, including all the clamps, you may notice the cans will be able to swivel side to side a bit. Don't worry, you won't leak, and they will stop moving around once they go through some heat cycles. Enjoy those cans!!!! They are VERY high quality, Leo Vince is the 2nd oldest manufacturer, in the high performance exhaust business. Yoshimura is first!!!!
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I assume the silicone to use would be a RTV High-Temp Silicone. Did you use the stock spacers as shown in the manual illustration? The two different sizes seems to have been an issue for some.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts