StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

It's time to give Athena (my XT) some more bark. Anyone have experience with either the Leo Vince Nero or the BOS Desert Fox slip-on for a 17-19 model? My choices are limited here in Germany, to avoid potential expenses, headaches and penalties it has to be an option from the short list of TÜV-approved parts, these two are both good quality parts that qualify.

I have Leo Vince EVO's on my RC51 and they sound great & work well with the otherwise stock machine, and the Nero is also listed as specifically designed to work with an otherwise stock system.

One question about the Leo is, how loud is it with the dB killer removed? The EVOs on my RC are literally painfully loud when the dB killers are out, I like a bellowing exhaust as much as anyone but these are truly excessive.

BOS is a big name in exhausts in Germany, also known for building well-designed systems that work with stock machines, and their info sheet also states that their exhaust offers a small measurable performance improvement.

Thanks, everyone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
both are good, look them up on you-tube.
The problem with Youtube videos is that the true oomph of the exhaust is rarely represented. I tried that back when I was looking for an exhaust for my RC51, and fortunately I didn't go with the one that sounded best on Youtube cuz I've heard it since then in person and I don't like it.

I went with the Leo, I found some feedback on some local forums and I already have a set on the RC that sound great and for the price you can't beat it (looks pretty sharp, too). It arrives this week, I'll install it friday or saturday and report back.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I had originally looked at the Delkevic 3/4 system as it was priced right and the options of how long or short
you wanted the muffler made the loud factor able to be tailored to what the customer wants. With dyno
results videos right on the company website. Many on here complained they were still too loud.

So searching a little more I found the Yoshimura exhaust (Very well known company for many years )
They have an exhaust that is the real deal nice throaty sound not harsh - and a power gain to boot.
Company also offers a dyno results showing at least 5 lb ft of torque gain and 5 h.p and not all at the
top of the rpm band either. More mid range and upper range.

It's expensive around $600 but to me well worth the price on my wish list for next years mod. :wink2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am pleased with the Leo V on my 650, ran without the DB killer for a while but imho I prefer the tone of the system with the DB in place.
Best thing is the reduction of weight
I sure didn’t buy the 650 for horsepower so that’s not a factor in installing an aftermarket exhaust

·
Registered
151 Posts
Every bike I've owned has had a Leo Vince exhaust, so I have a bias. But I've had the best experience with them and with their service/support. Construction and build quality is excellent, the weight (particularly the titanium exhaust on my VFR) is a wonderful change, and they LAST.

My bias about Delkevic is that it's built to a very low price. They look cheap, sound too loud, and I am pretty sure won't last...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First report of the Leo is positive, as expected. Nice throaty tone without being much louder than the factory part. And I feel like low-rpm throttle response is better, smoother.

I couldn't get the dB killer out, it's really pressed in, I'll try it again after a few heat cycles. I can only ride without one very temporarily even if I like the sound, as getting caught in Germany without the dB killer installed is a good way to lose your license for a month (no joke).

I had looked into a Delkevic for my gen5 VFR, but they don't carry the German TÜV stamp so they didn't make the list. I ended up putting a Barracuda exhaust on the VFR, it's a German-built exhaust and I think it really sounds nice and it made a small but noticable difference in mid-range power.

Anyway, the Leo is affordable, looks good, sounds good and there aren't any torque holes (as if the DL1000 had any shortage of torque). Good piece.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts