StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a full Leo Vince exhaust. Great sound, power commander to follow. Anyone looking for a good used 08 wee exhaust system?

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Just installed a full Leo Vince exhaust. Great sound, power commander to follow. Anyone looking for a good used 08 wee exhaust system?
Congrats. I have same unit on my '07 nice exhaust. Are you running it with or without the baffle? I have the baffle out and like it that way ... not too loud for me.

Now if you need a skid plate that fits a Leo Vince PM me as I've had one custom made. Be careful that the header pipe does not get flattened when you bottom out off road like mine did (pre-skid plate). I replaced one of the two header pipes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Can you post some pics of your custom skid plate? I have the full system on mine and have been looking into some protection for it.:yesnod:

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Can you post some pics of your custom skid plate? I have the full system on mine and have been looking into some protection for it.:yesnod:
Purchased from Yann D (Narcosis Junky) here on forum. He made 1" lower bracket (look at black bracket just under brake lever). Then I modded further.

One pic of it installed:

Pic before painted silver but after trimmed:

One more pic:

Fit: Is ok. It's strong and protects very well. The curve of plate does not match Leo Vince header very well and there is a 1.5" gap in places. Note until I added 1" raising link (Burkhart Racing 7075 alumin) and cut off rear corners of plate it scraped on tight turns on street. No more though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Will it fit an 05? I will check....

My bikes PO drilled the stock exhaust. A little too loud for me. I am a quiet/stealth kind of guy......

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Thank you for the pics KevinP. Time to start the fabrication.
Hi,

If you are fabricating yours, it may be a decent idea to consider looking at how Narcosis Junky (Yann) made his mounting bracket and I know he made mine 1" lower. IMO the bracket is the best part of the job he did. The rest of the plate could be much improved. He may sell you a 1" lower bracket for not much money? Then what ever you make has something to mount to. Just in front of the mounting bracket bracket (under brake pedal) the Leo header curves upwards quickly. A skidplate could curve right there too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey KevinP, thanks for the info on the skid plate and pics. Question, did you go with a power commander after installing the Leo Vince exhaust or are you running stock?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Hey KevinP, thanks for the info on the skid plate and pics. Question, did you go with a power commander after installing the Leo Vince exhaust or are you running stock?

Thanks
previous owner added the Leo Vince and also the Dobeck EFI, which is a cheaper option and less adjustable than power commanders using USB. I did have a PCiii usb on my VFR and they are easy to install. My fueling feels smooth and strong, no back firing, and plug color is good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts