Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeing quite a few Vstroms around. Just today I saw two riding together on 7th st heading south. Looked like maybe a husband and wife team.

I was wondering if anyone was interested in getting a group together to attend the 1st Sunday breakfast down at Ephrata, PA its about a 45 minute ride from Allentown. Depart Allentown area by 8:00 am.

[email protected]

http://ephratamotorcycle.com/

S

·
0 Posts
Wow, I very rarely check out this forum (not much activity here). Weird that the only new post is from a local.

I live in Emmaus, work in Allentown. I haven't seen many Stroms around - but I did see a blue one with cases going up Roth Avenue recently. There's a red on in Macungie I've seen a few times, too.

I don't know if I'd be free for that particular ride, but I'd absolutely be interested in something. I get a little envious of the Strom gatherings out west where the enduro thing is a lot more popular. Seems like all you ever see around here is cruisers and sports.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Though I'm in Delco, Allentown is not that far.
Always interested in getting together for a ride and there really is nothing worth riding in my neck of the woods.
Feel free to PM me or drop a line if you're headed somewhere on a Sat or Sun.
Charlie
challey at rcn dot com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm seeing quite a few Vstroms around. Just today I saw two riding together on 7th st heading south. Looked like maybe a husband and wife team.

I was wondering if anyone was interested in getting a group together to attend the 1st Sunday breakfast down at Ephrata, PA its about a 45 minute ride from Allentown. Depart Allentown area by 8:00 am.

[email protected]

I'm gonna be going to Ephrata tomorrow, ( Sunday 6-6-10 ) for the breakfast run. If anyone would like to ride along or just meet up in Ephrata that would be great. If you decide to go perhaps we could all park in the far rear corner of the rear lot. Now to try and describe the rear lot for someone that has never been there. There are three paved lots the first is to the left, off the road leading in. The second is an area that bikes are parked on both sides of the road right after the first lot. The third is the last area on the road. If we could all meet up in that lot at the rear left corner it would make it alot easier to find one another. I will try to get there around 830 - 9 or so. If anyone wants to meet up along the way or in Allentown let me know. Please email me at [email protected] if you have any questions or ideas. Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blue Dl650

Wow, I very rarely check out this forum (not much activity here). Weird that the only new post is from a local.

I live in Emmaus, work in Allentown. I haven't seen many Stroms around - but I did see a blue one with cases going up Roth Avenue recently. There's a red on in Macungie I've seen a few times, too.

I don't know if I'd be free for that particular ride, but I'd absolutely be interested in something. I get a little envious of the Strom gatherings out west where the enduro thing is a lot more popular. Seems like all you ever see around here is cruisers and sports.
Hi Steve,
That was more than likely me. I live off of Walbert ave. in S. whitehall Hope to see you tomorrow. I usually count about 5-7 other vstroms at the breakfast. Take care, Ron

S

·
0 Posts
Hi Ron,

Sorry I didn't make it - I knew it was a long shot: my wife was off on Sunday, so no ridin' for me that day. I got out for a bit on Saturday and met with one of the ADV guys for breakfast, tho.

Our business is "WoofWorld," on the corner of 13th/ Roth/ Sumner Ave. I could probably hit your place with a rock from here.

We'll have to get together sometime, if not for the Ephrata first Sunday.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi fellow LV Strom riders,
I live in Fleetwood and ride a gray Wee. I'm pretty easy to spot as I'm usually wearing a safety yellow jacket, my Wee also has a gray top box and gray ammo cans as panniers.
I work in Allentown (near Dorney) so keep your eyes open!
There's a blue Strom that I see every so often in Lyons (next to fleetwood), he's got a flasher on his headlights.
I've also seen a Strom at Deka Battery and there was a blue one at Allentown Recycling.
If you guys ever want to do a ride feel free to email me cgeller0-at-hotmail-dot-com.
Martin Moto also has rides every so often, although I haven't made it to one yet, I hope to this year.
Can't wait to go ride this Monday, supposed to be a high of 49! My Wee is sad from sitting the last month because of all the snow we've had :-(

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe you might be the Wee I've seen going out Mountain road in Macungie. Also rolling thru Topton. Although the yellow jacket doesn't seem familiar. I'm Tom,the red Wee with Givi topcase and side bags roaming the mountain roads in and around the Mertztown,Topton,Macungie area. I live in Mertztown and work in Emmaus. Have seen steve68steve cruising 'round Emmaus.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not trying to revive a dormant (dead?) thread, but I picked up an 08 Vee this year (late April). Of course a long time friend convinced me to take in Americade with him (and a few others). My Vee is silver and mostly bone stock currently. I live a little west of Bernville and wander fairly wide when out riding (I tag along with the Kickstands Up group from the Philly area a bit).

I'd be up for a Strom-storm cruise, if/when one would come along. Might be nice.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
New to strom

Not trying to revive a dormant (dead?) thread, but I picked up an 08 Vee this year (late April). Of course a long time friend convinced me to take in Americade with him (and a few others). My Vee is silver and mostly bone stock currently. I live a little west of Bernville and wander fairly wide when out riding (I tag along with the Kickstands Up group from the Philly area a bit).

I'd be up for a Strom-storm cruise, if/when one would come along. Might be nice.....

Just bought an 09 I also ride with the KS up group. Fun stuff and good rides. Picking up the bike this week. Love to do some riding.

·
Registered
25 Posts
dhawley,

Sorry about not responding in a more timely manner.

I'm listed on the up-coming KSU Route 897 ride. I look forward to eventually seeing a few more Strom's out and about. I had seen one in passing north of Pottsville on another KSU ride this summer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
dhawley,

Sorry about not responding in a more timely manner.

I'm listed on the up-coming KSU Route 897 ride. I look forward to eventually seeing a few more Strom's out and about. I had seen one in passing north of Pottsville on another KSU ride this summer.
I was also going to this event and got sidelined with moving my kids to their new apartment. Sooner or later we will meet!:thumbup:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Bringing a thread back from the dead. Does the motorcycle breakfast over at at Ephrata, PA still happen? Their website seems to be down, google seems to be only pulling up old dated info.

Motorcycle rallies are not really my thing, but this looks interesting, and would make for a nice morning ride.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Bringing a thread back from the dead. Does the motorcycle breakfast over at at Ephrata, PA still happen? Their website seems to be down, google seems to be only pulling up old dated info.
Looks like there are a few meetups that mention a first-sunday of the month Ephrata gathering. This one is from April of this year:

Motorcycle Rally Ephrata American Legion - Brandywine Motorcycle Riders (Wilmington, DE) - Meetup

It's a bit far for me to make it, but it sounds like fun!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yea I have a feeling that they might still be doing their thing, just no time to keep their webpage running. I might take a trip up there next month, at the very least the roads to there are nice so it would make for a good trip even if they were not doing the breakfast/rally.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I checked with a friend that seems to be in the know and he said they are still doing the first Sunday's gatherings...

I'm putting 6/3/12 on my calendar, please post if you're going and I'll keep my eye out for another Strom...

Mine is silver with silver ammo cans and a silver happy trails top box.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yep I'm going to be there. I have got it on my calendar. I got a plain 09 Grey DL-650 with a passenger backrest. I believe that the rally is from 8-11, but my info is a little dated.

It will give me a reason to wash the bike so that it looks semi decent.

If it rains, I'll be the only guy there on the DL-650 with rain gear wondering where everyone is.

·
Registered
69 Posts
With all the rain we've had I'm sure you could just find a muddy road to drive down & "wash it with mud".
Of course this may not be appropriate if u have 100% street tires.
;-)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts