StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,517 Posts
Is that full legalization or just decriminalization? Politicians here say that there is a difference.
You Canuckastanians are sure at the front of liberalization. No more pot problems on "Border Security - Canada's Front Line." :grin2:
Does that mean that from now on excess alcohol gets you arrested, but drugged to the eyeballs does not? A great place to ride bikes then.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Is that full legalization or just decriminalization? Politicians here say that there is a difference.
You Canuckastanians are sure at the front of liberalization. No more pot problems on "Border Security - Canada's Front Line." :grin2:
Does that mean that from now on excess alcohol gets you arrested, but drugged to the eyeballs does not? A great place to ride bikes then.
That's all Trudeau.

More than half the population was against making pot legal, btw.

Also, the police have ways to check, so it'll be hilarious to see people try to determine if they used too much to drive. Oh the paranoia it'll create!

Btw decriminalization is only on the 17th.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hemp as an industrial product. YES
Marajuana for recreational use NO
Medical marijuana YES
Legaalization? NO
Decriminalization? YES

·
Registered
508 Posts
It will be fully legal as of tomorrow. Depending on the province you can grow up to 4 plants per adult & carry a certain amount with you. Basically the same rules as for alcohol & tobacco apply - smoking areas, intoxication levels, minors not allowed etc.

Last information for New Brunswick is $8.50 per gram for the cheap stuff / $15 for higher end (whatever that means, possibly same shit diff packaging).

For the time being it's being considered a cash cow for the gov, however illegal vendors are still cheaper.

·
Super Moderator
4,517 Posts
It will be fully legal as of tomorrow.

For the time being it's being considered a cash cow for the gov, however illegal vendors are still cheaper.
Luv your avatar. Wot ya using?
BTW Illegal vendors will be promptly stomped on as the objective of a government is fundraising by taxation. Expect a continuing war on illegal growers as the government attempts to take over the industry.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Progressive or just another "pot" of money for gov't...

I haven't had a toke in 40 years and likely won't bother after tomorrow. I can't afford all the vices.I'd rather go for a ride!
I think it should have been decriminalized but not legalized.......just another revenue source for gov't. Crossing the border WILL be a problem for anyone dumb enough to admit they have/are doing the stuff.

Sp56

·
Registered
14,235 Posts
Those riders I know that have their medical weed, and those that don't but love the stuff seem to be able to ride with considerable skill when partaking of the stuff.
I don't try to follow them too closely. I guess my unaltered perspective of the road is less euphoric?:surprise:

I don't judge them for the use. Not my yob!

·
Registered
735 Posts
In Quebec there are now laws that limit where you can smoke. So essentially it actually will re-criminalize weed use for homeless people and other people who otherwise would not have been fined for smoking in parks etc.
It's a weak move, the way they are doing it they won't stop the underground weed trade and it will make it harder for people who use for medicinal reasons, both consumption and supply wise.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,189 Posts
I am 59. Never consumed alcohol.

I just love to see marijuana made out to be criminal.

By those that likely have misused alcohol often at one time or another.

I have been around both quite a bit. I have never seen marijuana make someone want to fight or smack their wife around. I sure have with alcohol.

The only reason alcohol is accepted is because it is legal. Look how well prohibition worked.....

I am neutral in this. So telling me I am full of it won't matter much. Reports of marijuana use being way worse than alcohol are probably funded by Anheuser-Busch.

Legalize it and tax it.

Should it be something you think is bad for you, don't use it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Now we get to worry about jerk cagers that are both drunk AND stoned. Thanks Trudeau. Government coffers trump safety.. again. I'm going to turn my V-Strom into a planter....

·
Registered
735 Posts
Now we get to worry about jerk cagers that are both drunk AND stoned. Thanks Trudeau. Government coffers trump safety.. again. I'm going to turn my V-Strom into a planter....
I guess you have never been riding on decarie at rush hour. I pass multiple cars in traffic every single day that reek like weed, it has been this way for many years.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I guess you have never been riding on decarie at rush hour. I pass multiple cars in traffic every single day that reek like weed, it has been this way for many years.

Haven’t rode on the island for a long while. I remember rush hour always required you to be at the top of your game big time. I do find drivers seem to be somewhat more aggressive towards us of late. Higher degree of situational awareness needed I guess...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
436 Posts
I am 59. Never consumed alcohol.

I just love to see marijuana made out to be criminal.

By those that likely have misused alcohol often at one time or another.

I have been around both quite a bit. I have never seen marijuana make someone want to fight or smack their wife around. I sure have with alcohol.

The only reason alcohol is accepted is because it is legal. Look how well prohibition worked.....

I am neutral in this. So telling me I am full of it won't matter much. Reports of marijuana use being way worse than alcohol are probably funded by Anheuser-Busch.

Legalize it and tax it.

Should it be something you think is bad for you, don't use it.
I agree with most of what you have said, but the idea that because you have never seen someone get violent while high on marijuana doesn't mean it doesn't happen. (maybe not your intent)

Like you, I'm neither for nor against. Is it a gateway drug? Maybe for some, not for others...is alcohol? Probably the same. My biggest complaint is that there are a lot of people that think they can drive/perform under the influence of marijuana the same as they can otherwise. That is false. (Johnny Fever withstanding)

I'm not against making it legal for recreation, but they need to set a legal limit, and here is the kicker...be able to test for it. The last part is where I always find opposition. So far, I'm not aware that there is a way to test for the level of impairment, just that it is still in your system.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Seriously, you think NOW people are going to get stoned and drive. The people who are going to smoke and drive now are the same people who were smoking and driving the day before it went legal. This move will free up police to do way more important things than arresting responsible adults for smoking a plant. They will arrest idiots who drive under the influence and are investing in tec. that will enforce that. Hopefully some of the profits will also go into RnD to help with improving medical uses. Done properly this is a win win. I haven't smoked that stuff in 30 years so I don't have a dog ion this fight other than my tax dollars having been wasted on stopping it. Everything will be fine Trudeau hasn't just turned our public roads into a grinning mass of crazed Mad Max's with the munchies. :grin2: JMHO cheers

1 - 20 of 123 Posts